PDA

View Full Version : ADvanced Character Rigging tutorial

t4d
10-08-2003, 04:23 PM
http://www.thomas4d.com/lwt1.htm

goes into skelegons, weight mapping, basic IK and rigging for animation, Toon eye setup and advanced rigging

just completed it last night Enjoy =)

Carm3D
10-08-2003, 08:59 PM
Thanks for the tutorial.. Very generous.. Unfortunately I don't use 7.5c.. I'm running 7.5 until the next stable release.

t4d
10-08-2003, 09:26 PM
should all work in LW 7.5 ( what did they add in 7.5C ?? )
i only uses spread sheet, follower plugin, some expressions and sockmonkey so you shouldhave no problem :)

Carm3D
10-08-2003, 09:53 PM
> what did they add in 7.5C ??

Thickness-based gradients..
Spline bone or some-such thing.
Instability that tried to fix 7.5b's instability.

Oh okay.. Interesting.. I've never used SockMonkey. Don't even know what it does! The manual left me perplexed on Sock Monkey.

Woah hey! My 100th post! Wooo!

wok
10-09-2003, 05:23 AM
looking good t4d!!!!!! Cant wait to find some time and go through it! Thanks for sharing!!

jat1
10-09-2003, 05:09 PM
thnx dude, its nice to see that ill learn so much.... from one tut, i got 2 uestions i cant be botrhered making a new thread...

u got a main site where all ur tuts are listed if u have anymore?

Im a noobie... I got a stickman and i want to animate him, im wondering would u put any ik set up in him or would it be both and how would u go about this? same way as ur character (havent looked at it yet its middle of the night here)

:) and nice work!!!

t4d
10-09-2003, 06:00 PM
Hi jat1
we'll if i only have to do a smallest amount of animation for a character no walking eg no feet movment
and the whole job modeling animation need to be done in a day
i would not worry about IK

but if the character was going to give me 2 or 3 days work i would go and do a full advaned rig, only take about 2 hours to do and once it's done your animating will be heaps better

the last thing you want to do is fight with the rig to get a proformance out of it,
A good Rig makes animation Soo better & easier.