PDA

View Full Version : How to select the "(base)" or "(none)" map with selectvmap()?

sami
07-11-2011, 12:04 AM
Hi again, hopefully you aren't tiring of my questions. I'm finding Lscript tricky to make my scripts bulletproof and account for all possible states the object editing can be in when my script first starts.

So now I'm trying to select the base morph map (or texture or other map) - how do you get the current object to select the root/base map or as if "none" or "base" is selected?

I am using:

result = selectvmap(VMMORPH, str_myMapName);
and that works great to select a morph where I know the name of it. But once that is selected and you do an operation on it, how do you select the base again? I tried setobject and various permutations of passing in "base", "(base)", 0 etc and nothing works.

I'm sure it's just another mystical [read: undocumented] LScript secret and I'd be grateful for a tip. :)

artstorm
07-11-2011, 02:50 AM
I use this workaround (http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34719) in my scripts. Works great.

sami
07-11-2011, 04:31 AM
Wow. Lol. Thats a cool hack. Hahhaa

Thanks, I missed using the keyword "deactivate" when searching the forums, I tried deselect and any number of synonyms but that one. Appreciate the link to the other thread. :)