PDA

View Full Version : Suppress Export OBJ dialog?

sami
07-10-2011, 09:52 PM
Is there a way to suppress the dialog that says: "Do you want to export point selection sets as groups?" which occassionally comes up when using:

cmdseq("ExportOBJ", saveFolder + "\\ " + myFile);

Because,

@warnings 0
doesn't seem to do it. thanks...

evenflcw
07-11-2011, 05:36 PM
The proper command to use to suppress dialogues is AutoConfirm(). Whether it works or not depends on the situation. If it doesn't work, you're out of options. I have a vague memory it didn't work for this command. But I also have a wild imagination. So don't take my word for it.

As is customary when mentioning this command - a word of caution - don't forget to turn it off because this setting stays even after your script ends, potentially suppressing other dialogues aswell! Ie. AutoConfirm(1) should be followed as closely as possible by AutoConfirm(0). Don't wait till the end of your script/plugin, as your code may exit unexpectedly, for one reason or other, before it gets the chance to do the call.

Blochi
07-14-2011, 05:50 PM
Some of these messages can also be suppressed by AlertLevel(0). Same here - don't forget to cache state of Alertlevel beforehand and set it back to your user's preference.