PDA

View Full Version : add one loop to end of shirt that has an existing UV?

3dWannabe
07-10-2011, 02:40 PM
I've been doing most 'modeling' in 3D-Coat, so I'm a bit rusty in some areas.

This must be a very beginner/obvious question, but ..

1. Simplest way to extend a shirt (like a t-shirt arm) by one loop at the end - if that shirt already has a UV?

2. Will the polys in the new loop automatically get added to the UV? If not, how do I do that?

Thanks!

Danner
07-10-2011, 02:56 PM
select the edges around the end. press the "e" key (extend) move the new loop to it's place, in 3d and in UV space.

3dWannabe
07-10-2011, 10:59 PM
select the edges around the end. press the "e" key (extend) move the new loop to it's place, in 3d and in UV space.
1. Is there a way to move it precisely in the opposite direction away from the other loops in the shirt sleeve - but along the same 'heading' as the other loops in the sleeve?

I guess this would be a 'local' move relative to the other loops?

2. After I create the new loop on one side, I can go into the UV Texture view, select the move tool with the end of the loop still selected, and move it out a bit for the 1st arm.

For the 2nd arm, when I repeat the same steps, when I move it in the UV Texture view, it is moving from INSIDE the mesh, instead of from the outside like for the first loop. It seems like it is moving from exactly the same place I moved the other loop from in the UV Texture view?

So, no matter what I do, the 2nd new loop would be dragged over and conceal some other polys in the UV Texture view?

I'm not sure how to handle that?

Thanks!

Danner
07-11-2011, 02:24 AM
1. yes, if you close the sleave with an end polygon you can use Multishift and control it numerically (or visually) to extrude, and if I understood question 2, it might also solve that.