PDA

View Full Version : Python in 10.X?

rcallicotte
07-09-2011, 02:18 PM
Will we see Python's usage integrated within Lightwave 10 and above?

JeffrySG
07-09-2011, 05:10 PM
Will we see Python's usage integrated within Lightwave 10 and above?

My guess is that there is a slim to zero chance of seeing it in the 10.x cycle but I would hope NT would would try in the 11.x cycle but I don't think we'll hear about anything until it's firmly in place. In other words: we'll know when it gets announced/released. :(

Netvudu
07-10-2011, 01:07 PM
Unfortunately I share the same feelings. I hope we are proved wrong...

rcallicotte
07-11-2011, 07:23 AM
Thanks. Just trying to plan for what I learn next. Helps to know what to do next.

BigHache
07-11-2011, 09:21 AM
As much as the scripters in the community would like to see Python implementation as soon as possible, I don't think it's the foremost feature we would see in the the 10.x cycle.

Above, more than likely. Python is a pretty strong language and it's doubtful that it will be going away. Considering that, it may be a good idea to start taking a look at it. Python's syntax is quite nice and shouldn't be a problem to get into especially if you're already familiar with programming/scripting.

rcallicotte
08-12-2011, 10:58 AM
Thanks. This is good advice.

As much as the scripters in the community would like to see Python implementation as soon as possible, I don't think it's the foremost feature we would see in the the 10.x cycle.

Above, more than likely. Python is a pretty strong language and it's doubtful that it will be going away. Considering that, it may be a good idea to start taking a look at it. Python's syntax is quite nice and shouldn't be a problem to get into especially if you're already familiar with programming/scripting.