PDA

View Full Version : Is there a Mesh Object dirty flag available?

sami
07-07-2011, 12:46 AM
I'm using:

currentObject = Mesh(0);

to access the currently active object in Modeler and that's all great. But is there a method or something that lets me know if that current mesh is dirty - i.e. needs to be saved, or has had modifications made to it since loading and has a "*" next to its name in Modeler's object list popup?

Sensei
07-07-2011, 01:13 AM
Not possible, even in LWSDK.

sami
07-07-2011, 05:37 PM
disappointed. but thanks for letting me know anyway.

cagey5
07-07-2011, 05:46 PM
Not possible, even in LWSDK.

Wow. That needs changing. Should be pretty simple too, no?

Sensei
07-07-2011, 06:43 PM
In Modeler there are no long living plug-ins, longer than pressing key to start them, and then closing/dropping tool. Except custom polygon handler. But that's another story.
So, what for would such one time living tool want to know whether mesh is changed or not? From it's point of view, it's completely fresh, because it's unknown for it. Must scan all points, edges, polygons to learn them.

That reminded me that custom polygon handler is receiving message that mesh has been changed. To update custom polygon shape.
So, if you really needs this, write simple custom polygon handler, which will be observing this message, then sending message through CommRing (but that would be slow) or setting some global variable to true. Then in plug-in which needs dirty flag, read what custom polygon handler wrote.
But that must be smart. Custom polygon can be in any layer, any object.