PDA

View Full Version : LW 10 Product Registration

kirkeric
07-06-2011, 03:49 PM
Hello,

I've run in to this problem again where I had to reinstall windows and therefore reinstall LW 10.

I am not certain if I registered it and the watermark still shows. Is there a representative in the forum that can help check?

Thanks,
Eric

nickdigital
07-06-2011, 03:53 PM

kirkeric
07-06-2011, 06:03 PM
Thanks. I did that but where do I put it?

I found in layout an "enter license" and I did but not sure it worked because the watermark is still there.

Eric

nickdigital
07-06-2011, 06:13 PM
Don't use the utility that comes with it.

If you're on win7 you want to put the file here where [user] is you.
C:\Users\[user]\.NewTek\LightWave\10.0\licenses

Copy your license numbers into a text file and rename it to license.key. Make sure .txt is removed.

dwburman
07-06-2011, 06:21 PM
Did you restart Lightwave after putting the license in?

Does Lightwave see your dongle? Since you reinstalled Windows you might need to reinstall the Sentinel Drivers so the OS can see the dongle and forward the info to LW.

kirkeric
07-06-2011, 07:04 PM
Well, the license file was already properly in the folder. Yep, I've restarted several times and the dongle is green.

Eric

Did you restart Lightwave after putting the license in?

Does Lightwave see your dongle? Since you reinstalled Windows you might need to reinstall the Sentinel Drivers so the OS can see the dongle and forward the info to LW.

nickdigital
07-06-2011, 08:37 PM
Do you have the right license key? The one for 32 bit is different than 64. You can actually have both licenses in the one file so you can run both versions.

jasonwestmas
07-06-2011, 08:56 PM
To use the license utility you have to turn off UAC in vista and win7.

kirkeric
07-07-2011, 03:18 PM
Can you elaborate a little on this? What is UAC? I do have WIN 7, I am using the 64bit license. I was hoping overnight it would fix itself.

Also, there is no registration utility. Or where do I find it rather?

Now, this is getting irritating. :)

Eric

To use the license utility you have to turn off UAC in vista and win7.

jasonwestmas
07-07-2011, 05:19 PM
Can you elaborate a little on this? What is UAC? I do have WIN 7, I am using the 64bit license. I was hoping overnight it would fix itself.

Also, there is no registration utility. Or where do I find it rather?

Now, this is getting irritating. :)

Eric

Go into your user account and there you will find something called User Access Control. Turn that setting to it's lowest setting which is called Never Notify. I think you still may have to Restart your computer to completely disable UAC.

Open LW10 Layout and then at the top of the menu under Help you will see "Enter License". You should have sentinel driver 7.6.1 installed and your dongle key connected to your computer at this time.

Enter your license key number for LW10 ( License key is Found in Registration) into the popup. Restart LW and you should no longer be in discovery mode.

You can turn UAC back on at this time if you want.

kirkeric
07-07-2011, 07:36 PM
Well, I've done everything you said and no luck.

What I do not know is whether sentinel is installed. I do not see it in programs and usually everything installed nicely with the LW install.

Eric

Go into your user account and there you will find something called User Access Control. Turn that setting to it's lowest setting which is called Never Notify. I think you still may have to Restart your computer to completely disable UAC.

Open LW10 Layout and then at the top of the menu under Help you will see "Enter License". You should have sentinel driver 7.6.1 installed and your dongle key connected to your computer at this time.

Enter your license key number for LW10 ( License key is Found in Registration) into the popup. Restart LW and you should no longer be in discovery mode.

You can turn UAC back on at this time if you want.

nickdigital
07-07-2011, 08:06 PM
Try downloading the beta in the HardCORE section and see if that helps. The beta will install to a different folder but this way you can get the latest sentinel drivers.

jasonwestmas
07-07-2011, 09:19 PM
Well, I've done everything you said and no luck.

What I do not know is whether sentinel is installed. I do not see it in programs and usually everything installed nicely with the LW install.

Eric

Yeah, you should have something called "Sentinel Protection Installer 7.6.1" in your programs list. If not, then something went wrong.

If all else fails you can install it again without re-installing LW10.1 by downloading it from safe-net from here:

http://www.safenet-inc.com/support-downloads/sentinel-drivers/#

kirkeric
07-08-2011, 07:59 AM
Jason,

Thanks. I will try this today and hope it works. I will report back.

Eric

Yeah, you should have something called "Sentinel Protection Installer 7.6.1" in your programs list. If not, then something went wrong.

If all else fails you can install it again without re-installing LW10.1 by downloading it from safe-net from here:

kirkeric
07-08-2011, 02:20 PM
Jason and all the other good folks,

Appreciate all the help. It turns out it was the sentinel drivers. Once updated from the link below, reboot, enter license again, and it worked.

Thanks a bunch!

Eric