PDA

View Full Version : GLSL Shading Method and Transparency

uwasa waya
07-06-2011, 12:34 PM
Hi.

I could not get a png or psd with tranparency to show up on my object correctly. The tranparency was not applied to the object and I get the white box around the oddly shaped image. Even with "enable alpha" on.

Forum searches did not help me but I stumbled upon "Shading Method" in the Display Options "GL" tab

Changing it from the default multitexture to GLSL magically made my tranparency appear.

I write this for two reasons.
1. Never saw it mentioned in the forums and it might help someone.
2. I want to ask if there may be some adverse effects from changing to GLSL. I have no idea what it does, I just know I can see my transparency.

Sensei
07-06-2011, 01:01 PM
What are you expecting from PNG with alpha? That object will be transparent and showing what is behind it?

uwasa waya
07-06-2011, 08:42 PM
I just want the negative space in a logo or other image to be tranparent while the actual art is the only projected on the poly. I should see the color of the poly where the negative space was in the image.

That is what was not working for me. LW recognizes the alpha, and the alpha is enabled in the image editor.

it shows up correctly in open GL with the GLSL selected, and I notice that I see the spec on the image too. cool.