PDA

View Full Version : OT: Save my Dog!

HowardM
10-08-2003, 12:00 PM
Save my dog - Please spread this around!! - http://www.3dink.com/savecyan.html

Mylenium
10-08-2003, 12:30 PM
Sad story ;o(. Admittedly I do not have much insight into any of this dog related stuff but I vividly remember such discussions going on some 2 years ago here after several attacks of dogs onto children. Back then they passed a quite severe new legislation, but I don't think that killing is in it and it's no solution anyways. However, I also admit to shunning away from "your" kind of dogs - they just look so fierce. I will let my brains wrestle with this and inform myself a bit more and then will sign your petition most likely. In the meantime all the best wishes for you and your beloved dog.

Mylenium

HowardM
10-08-2003, 12:47 PM
Please, its the owner, not the dog that makes them mean.
My dog 'looks' mean to you, because youve been brainwashed to think these dogs are bad, but if you read up FACTS, and see some live dogs that have been raised by resposible owners, you will see for yourself and I guarantee change your mind.

Thanks!

Jockomo
10-08-2003, 07:59 PM
Only signatures for Denver residents count? That's a bummer, I'd gladly sign your petition.

Where is the petition to euthanise the people who come up with such legislation?

HowardM
10-08-2003, 08:46 PM
Actually go ahead and sign, its ok, the more the merrier!

jeremy092288
10-09-2003, 09:51 AM
What does this have to do with General Support for LightWave?

Jockomo
10-09-2003, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by jeremy092288

Howard is going to model his pooch in LW and needs our help so he doesn't loose his reference.

:p

HowardM
10-09-2003, 10:30 AM
....actually CLICK THIS (http://forums.newtek.com/discus/messages/2/35042.html?)

Thanks for the support, I understand this is OT and am sorry if I have disrupted the forum...I just figured after 10+ years, you all are my family too!

hrgiger
10-09-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by jeremy092288

It doesn't. That's why it's labeled OT -Off Topic.

HowardM
10-09-2003, 11:15 PM
yeah!
800+ in 4 days! keep em comin!
THANKS ALL!

HowardM
10-11-2003, 08:32 PM
Thanks all!
1000+!
Please pass this on to everyone, especially Denver residents!
Thanks!

HowardM
10-13-2003, 08:42 AM
bump

10-13-2003, 09:04 AM
In any civilised society, there has to be a point at which the the illusion of individual freedom has to be visibly curtailed for the protection of the reasonable majority from a minority which chooses to take a position ignoring the basic rights of the majority.
In this instance, a dividing line has to be drawn at some point along the scale between hampster to tiger, at which the individual has to be told that despite their own rational convictions otherwise, the majority decision is that the animal which they wish to keep as a pet is STATISTICALLY (not individually) too likely to infringe the rights of others not to be attatcked.
Were I in HowardM's county, I personally would not sign his petition. I would however be camapigning for the banning of SUVs and other vehicles whose design illusions safety while maximising damage to other road users in case of a road incident

HowardM
10-13-2003, 09:18 AM
Thanks Adrian,

But what you fail to understand that this law was passed 10+years ago by a FEW people who slipped it under the rug...there wasnt anyone like me or the 1000's of people that have signed my petition around back then to fight this UNCONSTITUTIONAL law! Being from the UK, perhaps you dont understand what that means?

Also, do you know about dogs, or my breed? any personal experience compared to MEDIA Bull****?
If you did, you would know that my dog is pure love, and they were bred to NOT hurt people...only the thugs and bad guys in the past 30 yrs have made them into killing machines.
How about a law that punishes them, not the innocent ? like myself or my dog?

Sounds like you personally were attacked by an SUV?

johnnyh66
10-13-2003, 01:25 PM
Dogs are a relfection of their owners. If the dog is raised with love it will only know love... if it's raised with hate then the one who raised it should be punished... not the dog for only knowing what it's master taught it!

Darttman
10-14-2003, 09:05 AM
It's ashame that communities go and have thier city councils start up regulations like this. Like all sensible people know a dog really doesn't have the predisposition to harm humans because of it's breed: the owner conditions it. Vary rearely does a dog have to be destroyed becuase it is a menace. I am glad to see someone taking part in thier community!
Albiet a sad topic, it goes to show just what happens in city council meetings that most people don't even know about.
Vote and take part in your city!

riki
10-14-2003, 10:36 AM
Here's a pix of my Mutt (the name's 'Brutus' :)

HowardM
10-14-2003, 10:58 AM
oh man, why havent you SAS'ed the hell out of a model of your dog?!

tfrank
10-14-2003, 11:35 AM
I find the entire concept of saying that one entire breed is more dangerous than another distasteful. The laws fail to deal with the real problem, which are the owners. Passing these laws makes those who did so feel warm & fuzzy...and they usually are passed after some horrible incident. Most of those incidents are preventable by being a responsible owner and/or parent. As one who has been bitten to the point of bearing a scar when I was a child...it was my fault/igorance in combination with a pet owner who did not have their Collie on a leash for control.

Jim_C
10-14-2003, 12:56 PM
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_828619.html

Thats what they do in countries where they use 's' instead of 'z' entirely too often.