PDA

View Full Version : Newcomer experiencing difficulties

Avektageorge
06-30-2011, 03:16 PM
Hello-I am new to Lightwave 3D and was wondering if any of you had suggestions to a problem I have been experiencing. I watched the Lightwave 24 Hours of Free Training: "Creating rain splashing on the ground using particle emitters". I followed the step by step instructions, and after rendering the frame/scene I can't see the particles or splashes. I called tech support and they suggested I post a thread about it.

Please help

nickdigital
06-30-2011, 03:25 PM
If you're rendering over a network did you save out the pfx file?

What type of emitter did you add? A HV emitter or partigon emitter? A HV emitter won't render but you should see your particles if you used a partigon emitter.

Did you attach anything to the particles, geometry or hypervoxels?

Flood the forum with your questions and someone on here will help you.

Dreamcube017
06-30-2011, 05:28 PM
Ham I haven't seen that video. I'll take a look and see if I can halpe. DOn't worry, I'm pretty new here as well and I must admit, Lightwave can seem pretty daunting, but there are tons of people here and TONS of free and cheap video tutorials and plugins around here to help you out. That's one of the main reasons I went with Lightwave over something else.

wibly wobly
06-30-2011, 05:44 PM
were you looking through the camera view or the perspective view? you may have had the camera pointing somewhere else by accident and that's why you never saw anything when rendering.

Sensei
06-30-2011, 06:00 PM
Did you add HyperVoxels in Volumetric panel?

Better attach scene, otherwise it'll be just guessing..

Dreamcube017
06-30-2011, 06:55 PM
I also followed the tutorial, bu I don't really know how to get the particles to show up in a render.

Sensei
06-30-2011, 06:56 PM
Any particles are rendered by HyperVoxels volumetric.

3D Kiwi
06-30-2011, 07:58 PM
How come tech support couldnt help with this???

slackv
06-30-2011, 08:11 PM
Once you've set up the particles, you have to attach something to them to make them visible usually an object or hypervoxel.

Click on 'Windows' and then 'Hypervoxels' to open the HV window.
Then double click the dynamic object you want to attach an HV to.
In this case I used .02m for the size with a variation of 35% for both the rain and the splash (using the names from the tutorial).

Once you've got them setup just do an F9 Render!

See the attached image for my layout of it in the first one, and a render in the second one (nothing special)

Try the bullet firing from a gun tutorial for a good follow-up video that uses images/objects attached to particles.

--Donald

cagey5
06-30-2011, 08:17 PM
How come tech support couldnt help with this???

Because it's not a software problem, it's someone having trouble following a tutorial problem. If they got involved with those they'd never do anything else.

Avektageorge
07-05-2011, 09:36 AM
Great! Thanks everyone for your help. I decided to go with an HV emitter and attaching hypervoxels and it is working much better. My next step is to make these round particles into raindrop shapes. (Maybe a puddle too) If anyone has further advice on the topic-let me know!