PDA

View Full Version : Livetext issue - urgent help needed

stijef
06-29-2011, 12:24 PM
I have a problem getting Live Text 2.1 as external source on TC studio.

On the drop down menu that shows available external sources I see IVGA, I see Live text too. But when I click and choose Livetext that is running on my laptop nothing happens (no text from livetext appears). Moreover, it is stated that LiveText is disconnected on Tricaster Studio "external panel" (and no blue lights flashing). Can you help, what I should do in order to see connected LiveText?

Maybe is important (maybe is not) to note that I can see iVga "connected", when I select it from drop down menu, but I click on the LiveText it is not connected.

helppp! thank you for a prompt answer! :help:

bbeanan
06-29-2011, 02:12 PM
are you on a wired connection or wireless... if wired via a switch or router or crossover cable.

GaryG
06-30-2011, 01:30 PM
Been a little while since I was the LiveText operator.. but as I recall, there's a "Live" button you have to click before it'll do anything.

Sorry if that's below obvious!

stijef
07-06-2011, 01:28 AM
Gary it's not about F9 or LIVE button. But thnx for trying to help.

bbleanan - I'm connected through the local network (switches and routers on the site).

However, after 5 days working on this project I claim there is some inconsistency when it comes to connecting LiveText with the TC studio. At least in my case: usually everything works fine after rebooting both laptop with LT and TC, plus if TC software is started before the LT application on Laptop.

Problem occurs once you have to change external source or if you need to go back to the TC admin or if you have to close LT application on another computer. Often in any of these circumstances connection is lost permanently and nothing helps. Application restart won't help. With me nothing helps but rebooting both machines and starting TC before LT.

(btw I'm running LT 2.1 and on TC Studio TC software ver. 2.5)