PDA

View Full Version : Fusion 6.2 Released!

IndieXX
06-29-2011, 09:55 AM
With version 6.2, Primatte is included as a standard feature.
Primatte is also included in Rotation and Rendernodes.

6.2 boasts many new features, significantly the volume tools that are real-time on GPUs.
Graphics professionals get SVG vector importing to streamline workflow.
Quicktime in 64bit, Linux 64bit, the latest RED camera support for Epic
plus hundreds of other features, great and small.

See more here (http://www.eyeonline.com/Web/EyeonWeb/Downloads/DownloadFusion.aspx).

Enjoy!
Sue
Client Relations Manager
eyeon Software

Greenlaw
06-29-2011, 11:40 AM
Thanks Sue!

Coincidentally, I was just asking my boss when 6.2 would be released publicly. Now I know! Even better, my wife and I can actually use Primatte immediately on our current short film project. :)

Downloading it right now!

G.

stevecullum
07-04-2011, 04:17 PM
I like the inclusion of Primatte! :)

How do you use the wpp passes though? I can export a wpp buffer image from Lightwave, but how do you turn that into something Fusion can use? Plugging it in directly to the fog volume results in an error... :stumped:

Lightwolf
07-05-2011, 02:16 AM
I like the inclusion of Primatte! :)

How do you use the wpp passes though? I can export a wpp buffer image from Lightwave, but how do you turn that into something Fusion can use? Plugging it in directly to the fog volume results in an error... :stumped:
Afaik it needs a matching camera plugged into it as well.

Cheers,
Mike

stevecullum
07-05-2011, 02:58 AM
Thanks Mike. So you would need at least the camera exported from the 3d app too. I wonder also if the wpp needs to be aliased like a depth map to work properly?

Lightwolf
07-05-2011, 03:02 AM
Thanks Mike. So you would need at least the camera exported from the 3d app too. I wonder also if the wpp needs to be aliased like a depth map to work properly?
It certainly will have the same problems due to the nature of pixel based buffers.

Cheers,
Mike

stevecullum
07-05-2011, 10:53 AM
It certainly will have the same problems due to the nature of pixel based buffers.

Cheers,
Mike

Thats a shame. I thought as it's only providing information about where certain elements existed within an image, rather than using the image directly, you could have use the volume mask tool to protect areas you wanted uneffected by blurs an such, without the aliasing issues associated with using depth buffers as mask. Just have to experiment with these new tools, to see how to get the best from them...

Lightwolf
07-05-2011, 10:56 AM
Thats a shame. I thought as it's only providing information about where certain elements existed within an image, rather than using the image directly
That's precisely what it does, per pixel though. Where else should it get that information from but from the image itself (or the buffers associated with it)?

Cheers,
Mike

stevecullum
07-05-2011, 01:26 PM
That's precisely what it does, per pixel though. Where else should it get that information from but from the image itself (or the buffers associated with it)?

Doh! :foreheads