PDA

View Full Version : Page issues

SHicken
06-27-2011, 12:22 PM
This is a related question to "page management." When I create a page, I can see the thumbnails on the left. However, I can't read the pages to tell which one I need to call up. Is there a way to bring the pages into my filebin and name them so I can call them up more quickly and with less potential for error. Please advise....thanks! Denise

bob anderson
06-27-2011, 12:40 PM
Which model TriCaster?

Bob Anderson

SHicken
06-27-2011, 12:44 PM
It's the 850 CS...although I'm working in Live Text 2.1 (if that helps)

bob anderson
06-27-2011, 01:44 PM
Are you running Live Text on a separate computer? Internally in the TriCaster, if you create pages, and export them for live, they appear in your D:media/titles directory, and each page will be named page01, page 02, page03 etc. There will be a file, as well as a folder for each page. If you rename each page, and folder,when you load the project, it will load the pages with the new names.

If you are on the Standalone version, I'm sure the procedure will be simmilar. Let me know and I'll test it out for you.

Bob Anderson

SHicken
06-27-2011, 01:49 PM
Yes, I am running LT on a separate computer. I appreciate your help and expertise!

SHicken
06-27-2011, 01:55 PM
Bob,

I tried what you suggested and it did save the .png file to the filebin. How do I get LT to preview the page...allow me to make any updates and then take it to air. When I click on it, it opens an image page. But nothing I do opens it in the work window. What am I not doing?

bob anderson
06-27-2011, 02:10 PM
If you save the project ( save project as ) you can then use open to re-call the pages. You might have to do this in 2 steps: Export the pages for live, then reload them and save the project.

Bob Anderson

SHicken
06-27-2011, 02:57 PM
Thanks Bob, I'll give that a try. If I remember right, when doing this directly through the TriCaster....once I exported the pages, I couldn't change them. Would that still be the case??

bob anderson
07-25-2011, 04:01 PM
No! When you export the pages using export to Live, they load in as templates, and you can edit them without problems.

Bob Anderson

kandprod
09-06-2011, 08:56 PM
Can you use page numbers...It seems faster and you don't need to look
at a very small thumbnail

SBowie
09-07-2011, 05:19 AM
....once I exported the pages, I couldn't change them. Would that still be the case??Make sure you export them as title pages (.CGXML) rather than still images (PNG).