PDA

View Full Version : Create Multiple Faces?

rcallicotte
06-25-2011, 11:23 AM
In Modeler I have created a shape to make a foot, but it's made up of multiple quads without faces. How do I create faces for all of this geometry?

Philbert
06-25-2011, 11:36 AM
A little hard to tell what you mean without a screenshot. Just out of curiosity, are the polygons flipped maybe? (hit F).

rcallicotte
06-25-2011, 11:47 AM
Thanks for answering. I'm following this tutorial and when I start I used Box to create a mesh without a zero 'Y'. then I extruded, but my faces are all on one side; not both as in this video. I'm sure this tutorial isn't Lightwave.

http://vimeo.com/3290123

Sensei
06-25-2011, 11:59 AM
If I understood you correctly, you have just left side of object, which should be symmetrical?
There are two ways to do it:
- mirror object in X axis using Mirror tool, or Mirror X, then switch on Symmetry toggle, and begging to not lost symmetry with some tool.
- use TrueArt's Modeling Pack VirtualMirror tool http://modelingpack.trueart.eu
which will show virtual symmetrical copy of object, without actually making geometry there. Any existing or future tools work with it, so no fear of losing symmetry. It works parallel to Modeler, analyzing in fly newly created in layer geometry.
Video made by William Vaughan
ftp://ftp.newtek.com/pub/LightWave/Tutorials/Vidz/Vmirror.mov

Sensei
06-25-2011, 12:05 PM
I just watched video. Definitely not LightWave but Blender.
So, you have polygons pointing to bottom. You need to select them, and extrude/expand. Or select edge loop and expand.

rcallicotte
06-25-2011, 02:40 PM
Not worried about symmetry. Just creating one foot.

As for how I did it - Created it and extruded up. Then I closed the bottom of the foot by creating polys along the bottom.

probiner
06-25-2011, 03:02 PM
People should definitely use images when they ask for help to avoid guessing games...

Try this: Surface Editor. Go to the of the foot, activate "Double Sided" at the bottom.
Blender by default is double sided.

Cheers

rcallicotte
06-25-2011, 03:59 PM
Finished, but not connected.

Double-Sided! Thanks.

Cryonic
06-27-2011, 10:56 AM
nvm...