PDA

View Full Version : Getting glow to appear in alpha channel

AbstractTech3D
06-25-2011, 09:03 AM
Hi There

I have an object with edges set to render (white), and also glow (advanced tab). The glow nicely sits behind the rendered edges, and the rendered edges appear not to be contributing to the glow (which is what I want).

However, LW does not, of course, produce an alpha that handles the glow. So how can I do this? Is there a way, via DP FNE or some other way, of getting the complete image to render with edges, glow, and the complete alpha?

The problem with making the glow in AE is that it will also glow the rendered edges. Perhaps I could break it down into multiple passes, and apply just the rendered edges last? Although, considering the length of the sequence, I'd like to keep my LW rendered passes to a minimum - preferably just 1!

Thanks in advance:thumbsup:

AbstractTech3D
06-25-2011, 09:16 AM
My mistake - upon closer inspection it seems the glow is indeed applied after the edges are rendered...

safetyman
06-25-2011, 09:45 AM
Windows>Image Processing>Add Image Filter>Flare2Alpha

In case you didn't already figure it out.

AbstractTech3D
06-25-2011, 04:41 PM
Ah right, thanks!

Philbert
02-06-2012, 08:54 PM
Bringing the thread back to say thanks, I was really unhappy about not getting the glow in my alpha but it's great now. Thanks safetyman and thanks to AbstractTech3D for asking!

safetyman
02-07-2012, 11:25 AM
Glad to help. Someone on this forum has always been kind enough to help me out when I needed it, so I'm glad I was able to give back a little.

shrox
02-07-2012, 11:42 AM
Windows>Image Processing>Add Image Filter>Flare2Alpha

In case you didn't already figure it out.

Umm, I was naive...been using since 4.X too...