PDA

View Full Version : Texture map problem!!!

nicker
10-07-2003, 05:35 PM
I have a simple question that I assume has a simple ansewr. After mapping an image onto an object I go to move the object and the texture will not move along with the object. The image projection stays in one place and is not stuck to the object it was mapped onto when the object is moved. It happens with all the projection types like Cylindrical and planar. Is there somone that can tell me how to keep these textures in place when moving an object. Thanks

bloontz
10-07-2003, 06:08 PM
Make sure you don't have World Coordinates checked in the texture editor. That would cause what you describe.

nicker
10-07-2003, 06:54 PM
Thats what I thought at first that it had something to due with the world coordinates being on or off but it still does this even when the world coordinates are left unchecked.

nicker
10-07-2003, 07:53 PM
I figured it out! I was not setting up the texture as a UV map.

bloontz
10-07-2003, 08:15 PM
Glad you got it to work. You should be able to use other mapping methods also, not sure why it wasn't working for you.

toby
10-07-2003, 09:19 PM
Textures in Modeler, other than UV mapping, are mapped in relation to the origin, not geometry - textures won't move unless you change their coordinates in the surface editor. If you move an object in Layout the textures will of course move with the object.