PDA

View Full Version : Texture reference object does not dynamically update in LW 9.6

Trailblazer
06-21-2011, 07:43 PM
I've got an object that I have an image mapped on, and I want to control the position/scale of the image using a null. I would like to use the null so I can animate the image.

So I created a null, went into the texture editor for color where I have the image mapped, and set the null as the reference object.

The good news is that it works, but it will not update the changes I have made to the null until I hit the 'T' again. So if I, for example, used the stretch tool on the null, it will look like nothing has happened until I click on the texture editor again. Its very frustrating because I can't really see what I am doing and it basically ends up boiling down to trial and error. I feel like I'd be better of keying in numbers in the position and scale fields.

I've tried searching the forums and found nothing about why this could be happening. I made sure 'dynamic update' is set to interactive. Still nothing.

I've seen tutorials of texture reference objects in action, and they all show the changes happening in real time. Is this a bug in 9.6? Or am I missing something really simple?

Thanks for any help.

nickdigital
06-21-2011, 08:26 PM
What happens if you just scrub or arrow key to the next frame and then back? Does your viewport then update properly?

Trailblazer
06-21-2011, 09:53 PM
What happens if you just scrub or arrow key to the next frame and then back? Does your viewport then update properly?

I tried and it doesn't work either...the only way I can get it to update is by clicking on the 'T' to enter the texture editor. I'm mystified. Has anyone ever encountered this before? I'm hoping its just some small setting I forgot to select.

nickdigital
06-22-2011, 09:02 AM
Are you on a mac or pc (not sure if that matters)? I'm on a pc and will try this out when I get to work.

JBT27
06-22-2011, 10:15 AM
I have seen this, many times, and each time I manage to forget what the fix is ... sorry ... but I recall I may have fixed it more than once with the OpenGL settings, in the Shading Method. Try that.

This has been a bane for me on and off ... it's one of those basic workflow killers ... LW is quite full of them.

Julian.

nickdigital
06-22-2011, 11:31 AM
I got it to work here. I did notice that if Geometry Acceleration in the OpenGL prefs panel is set to Buffered(VBO) it doesn't work. Make sure yours is set to Streaming.

Trailblazer
06-22-2011, 04:24 PM
Yes! Changing the geometry acceleration to streaming has done the trick! Mine was set to buffered, but changing it has fixed the problem. Looks like I'm back in action. Many thanks Nickdigital, and JBT27! :thumbsup: