PDA

View Full Version : Fprime Left click a pixel to select a surface not working

Taran-Q
06-21-2011, 01:53 AM
Lately at some scenes I just can't seem to be able to use the left click to select a surface??
It opens Material editor but doesn't jump to the surface I left click.
Dunno what's going on ....

LW 9.6 Fprime 3.5 Win7 Home Premium

speismonqui
06-21-2011, 10:12 PM
aren't you talking about VIPER?
I didn't realize FPrime did that...

Taran-Q
06-21-2011, 11:58 PM
No I am talking about Fprime, in fact I never use Viper ....

Taran-Q
06-22-2011, 03:56 AM
Most scenes work like they always have.
And recently there are some scenes that just don't react to the fprime left click.
No matter what I do, even after removing all (perhaps blocking?) objects it still doesn't work ??

tijgervisuals
06-22-2011, 04:09 AM
I get that sometimes but cannot pinpoint what causes it.
Mostly it's when there are very many polygons in that section or transparency causing it to select the 'wrong' material.

Taran-Q
06-22-2011, 04:30 AM
It's weird, never had any problems with fprime selecting materials and have been using fprime for some years now :)
Problems started a few weeks ago, I noticed fprime didn't pick the selected materials.
And I also can't seem to find whats going on.
Btw my scenes it that cases are not even 'heavy' scenes or with transparency materials.
Even new from scratch created scenes sometimes start of with being unable to pick surfaces from within fprime. And if it occurs there seems to be no way of fixing it.

Edit: it's not a matter of 'hard to select' surfaces because of many (hard to select) polygons at cursor area.
In my case it does open the material editor with random material getting selected, not corresponding to material at cursor.
From that point on no matter what i do or where i select, the same material remains active in material editor.

prometheus
06-22-2011, 07:48 AM
It's weird, never had any problems with fprime selecting materials and have been using fprime for some years now :)
Problems started a few weeks ago, I noticed fprime didn't pick the selected materials.
And I also can't seem to find whats going on.
Btw my scenes it that cases are not even 'heavy' scenes or with transparency materials.
Even new from scratch created scenes sometimes start of with being unable to pick surfaces from within fprime. And if it occurs there seems to be no way of fixing it.

Edit: it's not a matter of 'hard to select' surfaces because of many (hard to select) polygons at cursor area.
In my case it does open the material editor with random material getting selected, not corresponding to material at cursor.
From that point on no matter what i do or where i select, the same material remains active in material editor.

Ive run in to that issue to, but havenīt investigated deeper on whatīs causing it, but Itīs there.
Lw 10.1 fprime 3.5 win 7.

Michael