PDA

View Full Version : Curves too round or pointy? <New plugin>

Dodgy
10-07-2003, 12:11 PM
Basically I've written a smooth curve (ctrl-s)/split curve(ctrl-l) replacement. If you select some points on some curves, it will split the curves at those points, and make them all pointy.
Conversely, if you select multiple curves, it will smooth between them, like the original smooth curve.

So it's a context sensitive toggle between pointy corners and round corners. Should be useful for spline modelers. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Rory_L
10-08-2003, 12:49 AM
Thanks Dodgy. That`s great. Does it work on all platforms? If not I`ll put it in the vault for future use :)

R

Dodgy
10-08-2003, 03:55 AM
It's a compiled lscript, so I think it should work on all platforms....

I should mentin it takes a lot of work out of 'splitting curves'. Whereas before you'd have to select your curves to be split, and your points to split them, then press ctrl-l to break them, this allows you to just select the points and any of them which are on curves will break those curves... By attaching it to ctrl-s (the smooth curve key) you have a quick way of breaking or smoothing those points. You could then attach supersplit (get it, it's very good!Not sure who it's by. Find it on www.flay.com) to ctrl-l and take a lot of the effort out of splitting polys...