PDA

View Full Version : Surfaces drop out when LWS is closed. Help please!

c0deb0y
10-07-2003, 10:38 AM
Okay, stats are LW 7.5c on MacOS X (10.2.6).
I created a scene in a LW obj with several layers for layout purposes, assigned surface names and then sent them to layout. Later I decided to mess with the objects, so I made them separate LWO files and Object- replaced them in the scene. In Layout, I changed surface settings, including a quicktime movie for one of the surface textures. It all rendered out nicely, and I saved it. However, when I opened it later, all surfaces reverted back to the settings in Modeler! I've had to re-surface my objects every time I opened the Scene.
Why isn't it remembering the changes to the surfaces? It never asks me to update the surfaces in Modeler.
I've since started making changes to the surfaces on the objects in Modeler, but it looks like it won't allow QT movies as textures.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Casey

drclare
10-07-2003, 11:02 AM
Its not a problem with Quicktime movies. What you have to do in Layout is save all objects when you change your surface settings. Layout doesn't automatically save any surface changes. Since surfaces are saved with the object file you must save the object files for the surfaces changes to stay. Just go to File>Save>Save all objects, or just save the current object that you have selected.

c0deb0y
10-07-2003, 11:11 AM
Thanks for your help.

drclare
10-07-2003, 01:42 PM
No problem.