PDA

View Full Version : Corona effect equivalent in AfterEffects?

AbstractTech3D
06-17-2011, 04:41 AM
Hi there

I love the look of the Corona effect, effecting super whites (whites existing out of display range).

However, I'd prefer to achieve this post processing effect in AfterEffects. (So its not baked into the LW rendered image…)

Can anyone advise on a process to achieve this in AfterEffects? (I've found methods for creating blooms, but not limited to superwhites. And really the LW Corona look is much more what I'm after). I could of course send the clean LW image sequence back into LW for the 'corona pass' - but hoping to avoid that, as an AE approach would be much more flexible.

It'd be really nice if the image filters available in LW were also accessible inside AfterEffects as effect plugins!

dee
06-17-2011, 06:28 AM
You can use Glow and adjust the threshhold.

skywalker113
06-17-2011, 03:43 PM
Or use an adjustment layer with brightness and contrast and draw a mask around where the effect will be. Make sure to feather the mask.

Danner
06-18-2011, 06:14 AM
Not only is it more flexible to do in AfterFX but it's also way faster, Corona is slow and can sometimes flicker and pop. The AfterFX guy in my office swears by a plugin called: Magic Bullet Looks. it has a really nice set of color correction tools along with a powerful "diffusion filter" (as they call the bloomy corona-like effect)

Danner
06-18-2011, 06:21 AM
oops ignore this