PDA

View Full Version : Never forget

shrox
06-15-2011, 02:30 PM
I have been working on this on and off for almost 10 years now. I started a few weeks after the World Trade Center was destroyed, then occasionally I would add a bit more texture or change the lighting, etc. I am going to call it done.

zapper1998
06-16-2011, 03:32 AM
nice... :)

I like it.. 2 t-up

inakito
06-16-2011, 03:56 AM
it looks around ten years old or so...

vector
06-16-2011, 09:19 AM
Nice... maybe lights for enhancing silouette

Vector

probiner
06-16-2011, 12:45 PM
Gaaahhh so tempting to go political on this one, especially for the massive changes that took place and still are after that horrendous event.
The fact you put a sword with red letters in a beaten representation of liberty and establishment... gaahhh.
(just to spice things up, I'm with the turds that say that jet fuel mixed with office fuel wouldn't bring down buildings in free fall [building 7 not even hit], make molten steel pools, explosions in the ground floors, yada yada)

And for the image. Visually my main critic would be the coarse/soft painting, either in textures or lighting. Could be a bit more refined or more simple but relying more on the message being passed. Even though there is a lot of black and uncharacteristic fabric flag in the back I like the pose and the "scene".

Cheers

Blaine91555
06-18-2011, 12:54 PM
I'm with the turds

:) Having an opinion does not make anyone a turd. Bringing it to an art forum could though. Self control is a sign of strength. :)

On topic -

That could be a wonderfully dramatic piece with work. Either go with photorealism or go the illustrative direction as was mentioned.

I see far more detail in the character. Glowing text on the blade with perhaps the blade also showing some red glow on the edges straight from the forge. Back light to highlight the edges. Realistic fabric on the flag only tattered and burned. Could be very dramatic. I like the concept.

pooby
06-18-2011, 01:14 PM
I'm not sure how necessary the 'AD' is. Although I suppose it's good to be thorough.

Iain
06-19-2011, 02:29 AM
I don't think anyone will forget. I'm not sure its possible.

I commend you on tackling a subject 99.9% of us wouldn't touch but
something else I'm unsure of is whether or not putting together some arguably inappropriate and trite imagery (and posting it publicly) makes for a fitting tribute.
Considering this was ten years in the making, it looks to me rather like a hastily thrown together, knee jerk reaction made up of childishly predictable iconography.
Technically, the thing that lets it down most for me is the emotion-free head. It looks like a straight lift from an old Poser model.

Sorry if this seems harsh but you're an accomplished artist and the subject is emotive to say the least so a 'good work-keep at it,' would just be a useless, throwaway comment in my opinion.

shrox
06-19-2011, 11:47 AM
I don't think anyone will forget. I'm not sure its possible.

I commend you on tackling a subject 99.9% of us wouldn't touch but
something else I'm unsure of is whether or not putting together some arguably inappropriate and trite imagery (and posting it publicly) makes for a fitting tribute.
Considering this was ten years in the making, it looks to me rather like a hastily thrown together, knee jerk reaction made up of childishly predictable iconography.
Technically, the thing that lets it down most for me is the emotion-free head. It looks like a straight lift from an old Poser model.

Sorry if this seems harsh but you're an accomplished artist and the subject is emotive to say the least so a 'good work-keep at it,' would just be a useless, throwaway comment in my opinion.

Yes, that is exactly it! It was throw together after 9/11, I have just been wondering what to do with....it was important to me when I started it.

shrox
06-19-2011, 01:55 PM
I have never been satisfied with my attempts at people, there is just so much there I kind of get lost. I've always been good at machine though. I've tried to think of the human body as a machine, but I just don't seem to be able to pull it off.