PDA

View Full Version : OUT mode should be default for Title Pages

PabloMack
06-15-2011, 07:46 AM
When increasing or decreasing the time of a Title Page, OUT mode should be the default (Alt Key not pressed). Instead, STRETCH is the default. It took me months to figure out why my frame timings were all getting screwed up. I finally figured out that STRETCH was the culprit. I think the software should always assume that I want to add or subtract time to the clip and not warp it. You should have to press Alt to get STRETCH. I have noticed that different operations have different defaults. That is annoying.
I am sure there are cases when you want to stretch but that is not the most basic of operation which is to add or subtract from what is already there without changing the timing of what is there. Once I have distorted the origian timings in a clip (with STRETCH), I don't know how to get the orignal back. And I don't mean by undoing all of my work until I found the event that caused it. Does anyone know?

Too many undos are SpeedEDIT's undoing. I am now always having to manually delete the undo/redo subdirectory because SpeedEDIT's remembering all that I did is very dangerous. I have lost a lot of good work by inadvertently undoing operations I did a long time ago. When I save a file, I want all undos/redos to go away forever. But that is another matter. Can this be done with a preference? I would also like to have the other subdirectory go away so that clips are always recalculated every time I run SpeedEDIT.

jcupp
06-16-2011, 01:34 PM
Re: Undos

See "Maximum number of Undos" and "Save Undo Buffer" in preferences

PabloMack
06-21-2011, 05:11 PM
I am aware of that option. Do you know of a way to make the whole stack of undos to go away on command?