PDA

View Full Version : Any way to supress "Load settings?" confirmation dialog for Presets?

ChromeCity
03-01-2003, 09:49 AM
Hi pholks,

I'm looking for a way to prevent the "Load Confirmation" dialog that says "Load settings?" (Yes/No) from popping every darn time I try to load a preset from the preset shelf. I've got my Alert Level set at Expert and still I must deal with this annoying dialog every time I want to try another preset.

In many respects, LightWave is a process-driven application, but this certainly disrupts the process of experimenting with different surfaces and so on. Is there a way to prevent that dialog from ever popping? Process-driven software shouldn't be geared so that it defaults to presuming you are making a mistake.

At least at the Expert Alert Level, I'd like to see this dialog removed from the process. If that can already be achieved in some other manner, please let me know.

Regards,

Jeff Andrews
Chrome City Studios

Matt
03-01-2003, 10:23 AM
AFAIK you can't turn it off, but you're right it should be disabled for 'Expert Mode'.

faulknermano
03-01-2003, 11:48 PM
you can try entering this in Command Input or Command History

AutoConfirmation 1

i CANNOT be certain that it will work with your specific dialog, but it does work for a lot of others within lightwave. you can write a macro for this:

// generic autoconfirmation true
@warnings
generic
{
AutoConfirmation(1);
}

// generic autoconfirmation false
@warnings
generic
{
AutoConfirmation(0);
}

bind these to your hotkeys. you may want to turn autoconfirm off, because this like LoadFromScene confirmations will be bypassed. you'll be in for a treat! :D

faulknermano
03-01-2003, 11:53 PM
pardon me...

please replace "AutoConfirmation" with "AutoConfirm". (i was getting pretty verbose there. :D)

faulknermano
03-01-2003, 11:57 PM
hmph... just checked it.. nope.. AutoConfirm doesnt effect the desired behavior.. sorry.

ChromeCity
03-02-2003, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the info. That's just the sort of thing I was hoping for. Too bad it didn't affect the Preset confirmation dialog. Unless I stumble onto something, my feature request still stands. Thanks again.

Regards,

Jeff Andrews
Chrome City Studios