PDA

View Full Version : 3Play Crashed

wlcnproduction
06-13-2011, 06:23 AM
I have had my 3play for almost 8 months and yesterday I was playing out and it went to the windows blue screen and then restarted. When it came back up there was no media in my logs in that session. Has anyone else seen this before? Thanks for all of your help.

SBowie
06-13-2011, 06:47 AM
That's a little worrisome. Blue screen errors are rare, but in my experience often signify a hardware, not a software problem. Do you move your system around much? Nice clean power source?

wlcnproduction
06-13-2011, 08:04 AM
No it pretty much stays in one place and the power is pretty clean.

SBowie
06-13-2011, 08:30 AM
Assuming no modifications to the stock hardware or software, then, I personally probably wouldn't lose much sleep over this unless it happens again - in which case I'd start by running diskcheck over the C drive. Actually, you might also check system logs for errors anyway ... might give you some notion of what happened.

wlcnproduction
06-13-2011, 09:07 AM
Thanks
I will do that.

wlcnproduction
06-13-2011, 01:00 PM
Ok I went checked the drive and everything was fine and there was nothing in the system logs that looked strange. My question is how do I recover the footage that was recored and is not in the session now?

Thanks for your help.

SBowie
06-13-2011, 01:05 PM
I've not got a 3Play handy just now, but maybe someone can chip in with a path to see if the files still exist.

wilky_avid
11-19-2011, 10:50 PM
I work on 5 3play systems in 5 different locations and all 5 of them crash at least once a game. Ive been all over the forums and called tech support only to hear the same solutions that do not solve anything. It seems to be a very unstable piece of equipment that makes every game a challenge. These issues have been happening since day one and with every operator that touches them. Wr have even had units replaced and those crash all the time too. I am at a loss here and wish newtech would solve these issues

wilky_avid
11-19-2011, 11:16 PM
Oh yeah. All 5 systems are the 330. All range feom SD to HD 720 and HD 1080. All 5 systems are also used 3 in 1 out

wilky_avid
11-20-2011, 11:32 PM
Thank you so much for the call steve!!! I hope we can get this fixed. We were doing a espn360 game tonight and the main system crashed while recording the open and intros. I switched the machine out with the in house system and it was fine until halftime. It crashed then and lost my package builds and 1st halft melt reel. I really hope we can get these issues resolved soon. Ill email you my contact info per our talk. Thanks again for the quick response.

kd4wyj
12-22-2011, 08:16 PM
I have a 330 system running 3 in 1 out 1080I in and out and it has been very stable. Tuesday night during a basketball game we had a screen lock and the tech closed the program and it lost all the cues. At the end of the game we usually do a melt reel and the operator said the 3play rebooted on it's own. Once again all the cues were lost so Wednesday I did some testing and everything worked fine then I forced a shut down of the program, and it maintained the cues. I did that a couple more times and it was all good. The only thing I wonder about is maintenance on the box, and what others might be doing in the area of pm. The other question is I have only updated the software once since August of 2009- is that the only patch??

SBowie
12-23-2011, 09:04 AM
The only thing I wonder about is maintenance on the box, and what others might be doing in the area of pm. The other question is I have only updated the software once since August of 2009- is that the only patch??If you do a check for updates, you'll be able to tell if you have the most recent version or not. Apart from that, it's not a bad idea to defrag once in a while, though I wouldn't expect that to be related to the crash you encountered.

bbailey
10-02-2012, 03:36 PM
I just bought a Demo 330 and took it on the road for our first game. I was using it as 3-in and 1-out all in SD. We had just come off a slo-mo tape deck. My operator fell in love with it. I had installed it in my 12' trailer with my Tricaster Broadcast. The only thing I noticed at that away game was that I should have painted the cameras. We got back home for the following night's game and after firing up the trailer and Tricaster I tried booting the 330. it wouldn't boot. Took me about 20 minutes before I called my dealer who said it might be a loose hard drive connector. I pulled the case top and did a look-see and found no loose cables. I powered it up and tried to boot again when I discovered a click, click, click with one of the hard drives. I ended up switching back to the slo-mo deck to get through the game and my dealer ended up buying a set of drives and applied the factory image to the drives to stripe them and sent them to me in time for the next week's game. I also painted the cameras to match their Tricaster inputs and have had no trouble since.

I got my new 855 two weeks ago and set the 330 up as a 3-in, 3-out setup feeding three of my inputs on the 855. The first thing I noticed is that, in using the system in all SD, the replays were definitely softer than the straight camera inputs, which we had also noticed with the Tricaster Broadcast. Between the first game with the 855 and the second, I set the 330 up to output SDI and the 855 to receive SDI for the Replay's inputs. Even with the SDI connections, the 330 is definitely softer than the cameras on their composite inputs at the switcher. I didn't find any adjustment for this. I assume when we move to HD I'll still see a softer image at the 330's output.

SBowie
10-02-2012, 03:42 PM
Hmmm. Is the softness seen on video outputs from TriCaster, or perhaps just on the UI and/or Multiview monitors? Also, is it visible during full motion video playback at 100% speed?

bbailey
10-02-2012, 04:05 PM
I noticed it when I was painting the cameras. As I would have a wipe between the Tricaster version of the camera image and the replay version I could see the softness. My operator noticed it during the first game. When I called for a replay, once on screen, she kept asking why the replay was so soft looking. What it seemed was that there was enhancement on the Tricaster input and there was none on the 3Play's input for the same camera. It's not as apparent on the broadcast but I can tell it's there. I take it by your question we probably shouldn't be seeing any difference?

- - - Updated - - -

I'll pay more attention this week on my outboard program monitor.

bbailey
10-02-2012, 04:09 PM
That was another thing...I painted the cameras while in dock using the color bars from each camera. Yet, when I got to the stadium and each camera was showing an image, the inputs didn't match and I re-painted the cameras by the seat of my pants and got them much closer that way.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm really enjoying my new 855 and the 330.

SBowie
10-02-2012, 04:20 PM
What it seemed was that there was enhancement on the Tricaster input and there was none on the 3Play's input for the same camera.I have a couple of things in mind, actually. The desktop monitors are not always as high quality as the actual video outputs. Second, when a still is displayed (i.e., the image is frozen, as it might be for a recorded clip that is not playing) they are deinterlaced.

bbailey
10-02-2012, 04:35 PM
I believe I was actually looking at my outboard Program monitor while painting because my switcher monitors were so much smaller. However, I don't recall if the 3Play was playing back at 100% at the time. I mean, surely it was, but that was two weeks ago. I'll double check it this Friday.

bbailey
10-15-2012, 03:42 PM
Now that I'm using the SDI outputs of the 3Play to feed the last 3 inputs in SDI on my 855, I don't seem to see any degradation.