PDA

View Full Version : multiple camera rendering

lreyes
06-12-2011, 03:33 PM
I have a large scene with different camera pointing at different places. Let say I want to render camera 5, is there a way that I can only render that camera and not render other objects and cameras in my scene in the background. I am rendering one camera and it is taking forever to render that camera.

OnlineRender
06-12-2011, 03:36 PM
http://www.lwplugindb.com/Plugin.aspx?id=ddf40519

skywalker113
06-12-2011, 03:45 PM
I would delete the objects that you dont want in the render, then save a new scene. The scenes can be named by the cameras.

If you dont want to make seperate scenes, another way is to replace the objects that you dont want in the render with another object that cannot be seen. Such as a transparent cube.

Heres an example
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ok7qB77mSY

lreyes
06-12-2011, 03:59 PM
I am gonig to save your explanation, hope you do not delete so soon so I can learn from it. thanks

Sensei
06-12-2011, 04:04 PM
If you dont want to make seperate scenes, another way is to replace the objects that you dont want in the render with another object that cannot be seen. Such as a transparent cube.

Ridiculous. Easier is clicking active/inactive item state checkmark in Scene Editor.

OnlineRender
06-12-2011, 04:12 PM
Ridiculous. Easier is clicking active/inactive item state checkmark in Scene Editor.

you could just dissolve the objects on whatever frame .

I do not know if dissolved objects still get calculated in the scene .

object >properties>Render>Object Dissolve == 100%

jeric_synergy
06-12-2011, 05:32 PM
Isn't a great deal of effort expended by the developers to automatically ignore those things that don't contribute to the pixels that will be rendered?

One thing about dissolving objects: if you don't flatten the dissolve curve, you wind up spending MUCH more time rendering than if you had just left the object visible. Plus, you have to keep track of reflections, shadows, reflections of shadows, bah.