06-11-2011, 01:19 PM
This guy is just incredible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDBAynYqiOA&feature=channel_video_title

dballesg
06-11-2011, 01:29 PM
Simply UAU!!!! :thumbsup:

Elmar Moelzer
06-11-2011, 01:50 PM
This is really nice. I wished he would also have the option to create a subpatchable all quad mesh like Power Booleans for MAX do (they do that really well). I would prefer that over realtime booleans, actually.

hrgiger
06-11-2011, 02:04 PM
That's nice. We already have real time booleans in LWCAD. The nice thing about them in LWCAD is that you can also interactively adjust the resolution of the curvature of a cut. The only disadvantage is that you have a limitied number of shapes to use (so it doesn't use custom shapes).

hrgiger
06-11-2011, 02:15 PM
Actually, I take that back. You can create custom shapes as cutters and use them as a preset.

Here's a quick little video showing booleans in LWCAD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7ZbWgRGEoQ

JamesCurtis
06-11-2011, 03:50 PM
I wonder when this might be available? Looks cool!!

Pavlov
06-11-2011, 05:20 PM
Very nice... even if, as HRgiger said, LW cad comes close this already.
What LW miss most about booleans is animation capability, thus booleans in Layout... but this is another (core) story.
I love Cinema's booleans; depending how you create hierarchic boole object, you can have realtime, animatable booleans between subpatched object. Borders stay clean as if booleans were performed on freezed objects, but you never lose initial obj's subpatch editing or animation capabilities. Cinema's architecture is a dream, much better than overrated max's one, imho. Hope Core/LW/Whatever gets something from there too.

Paolo

JeffrySG
06-11-2011, 05:42 PM
Very cool stuff.... looks like he was working on some UV tools too. Hopefully we can get our hands on some of these soon.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.3dcel.jp%2F

GraphXs
06-11-2011, 08:04 PM
really nice, i hope they release all those sweet tools!

probiner
06-11-2011, 11:06 PM
Wow i need a new set of balls... i don't know what's more amazing: the realtime boolean like it was nothing or the fact that the LW's UV doesn't go to wazoo and even complies with the tool.

And his approach on subdivision feels so right making lots or modeling stuff just right and retopo on spot. Way to go 3dcel.

akademus
06-11-2011, 11:44 PM
Newtek needs to work so much on the Modeler. It hasn't seen any love for long long time now. And also they need to chase, catch and hire people like these.

lightmann
06-12-2011, 01:11 AM
mmm this guy make very good tools, but i think lwcad and dponts nodes can make the work in this particular case.
What is very necessary is the lattice and a practical tool for set driven keys
to make things quickly that work in animation. I hope he has intentions to share his tools with the rest of the world.

JeffrySG
06-12-2011, 05:52 AM
Newtek needs to work so much on the Modeler. It hasn't seen any love for long long time now. And also they need to chase, catch and hire people like these.

:agree: A truer thing has never been said!

Pavlov
06-12-2011, 07:09 AM

modeler should be rewritten, let's see where core ends. But as said, booleans are not just about modeling, animation is something i would need often. Luckily we have nodes to fake it, but it's not the same.

Paolo

probiner
06-12-2011, 07:58 AM
modeler should be rewritten, let's see where core ends. But as said, booleans are not just about modeling, animation is something i would need often. Luckily we have nodes to fake it, but it's not the same.

Paolo

Yes, that falls into the same lane as the animated decimate modifier thead.

With a stack we might see more of these.

Anyway as far as polygon modeling there is yet lot of improvements to be done and new ways to get things done. Let's seeif LW can get back on the race.

Ernest
06-12-2011, 06:28 PM
the thing that gets me is that its always 3rd party bringing the good stuff. why is that?

Because it you're such an amazing genius you'll probably want to work for yourself?
Because Texas does not natively speak Japanese?
Because they don't have to waste 90% of their time fixing the back end?
Because we PC users earned the karma of being tortured by a developer who does incredible plugins for the mac only?
Because all? the current members of the LW Dev team are top-amazing 3rd party developers hired by NT?
Because 12 heads think better than 11?

OnlineRender
06-13-2011, 03:48 AM
Because all? the current members of the LW Dev team are top-amazing 3rd party developers hired by NT?

ohh pop quiz time . if you where NT and had 1 year unlimited wages bill and you could create a LW Dev team who would you have ....

Mines Goes

including the original team ...

LightWolf
Mike Green
Elmar
Jay3D
DavidB

Ohh here is my reasons :) Wolf makes a nice meal, MikeG is a gent and scholar , Elmar "gets LW to do what people want " Jay3D "he so talaented and hungry to work for NT he deserves a shot " DavidB " I beat him in the CityEngine comp " :)

Danner
06-13-2011, 08:50 AM
I vote for
Gerardo Estrada (do a search on his posts and drool.. )
Denis Pontonnier ( DP tools ring a bell?)
Dan Dulberger "evenflcw" (he has done amazing scripts free to people on request!)

Lewis
06-13-2011, 10:37 AM
ohh pop quiz time . if you where NT and had 1 year unlimited wages bill and you could create a LW Dev team who would you have ....

Mines Goes

Where is Pictrix on that list :D ?

JeffrySG
06-13-2011, 11:14 AM
Where is Pictrix on that list :D ?

:agree:
and TruArt!

OnlineRender
06-13-2011, 11:42 AM
I vote for
Gerardo Estrada (do a search on his posts and drool.. )
Denis Pontonnier ( DP tools ring a bell?)
Dan Dulberger "evenflcw" (he has done amazing scripts free to people on request!)

but if we add them to the list there will be no 3rd partie devs left :)

ohh and Steve Hurley ! + others

I agree with Dan was looking at his source in his scripts some nice work there ,esp the resizeable window , need to ask you about that :)

jeric_synergy
06-13-2011, 02:10 PM
Dood, you didn't include Denis?? Madness.

Dan is indeed a generous gentleman and a scholar.

OnlineRender
06-13-2011, 02:19 PM
Dood, you didn't include Denis?? Madness.

I missed wads of people , I know i said unlimited wages budget , but there will be no one left on the forums :)

whats your top 5 ?