PDA

View Full Version : Editing PIP boxes

DerickJ
06-10-2011, 01:28 PM
Does anyone know if it's possible to edit the PIP boxes (Double Box) set within the Liveset drop down inside Tricaster Studio? What I would like to do is change the background and also resize the boxes to fit within 16:9 video. When running the Tricaster Studio in 16:9 mode and using any of the Double Box graphics, my 16:9 camera feed is cut off due to the boxes being 4:3. Are there built in templates that are native 16:9 and I'm just not seeing them or is there a way of editing these templates?

Any help in this matter is appreciated.

-Derick Joe

Red Dog Records
06-10-2011, 07:51 PM
I have the same question regarding importing new pip templates into our new XD300. I am looking for any documentation regarding this and can't seem to find any. I might just not be looking in the right place.

Can anyone give me some directions? :)

Andrew

bob anderson
06-14-2011, 04:06 PM
Derick: On the Standard Def TriCasters, you can use Aura to create Virtual Sets, or LightWave 3D. Aura sets are easy to create, but finding a copy of Aura is not. Aura was a licensed paint program that NewTek used to sell. Check around online and see if you can't scare up a copy.

LightWave 3D is still for sale, but creating custom sets requires knowledge of modeling and rendering.

Andrew: I have a MUCH better answer for you. NewTeks Live Set Editor is super easy to use, and comes with several pre-made templates for Double Box effects, and editing them is drag and drop.

Bob Anderson

joseburgos
06-16-2011, 05:41 PM
Another option is to have someone custom make them for you. Feel free to contact me if you want custom sets.

Take care,

melchior
06-20-2011, 10:25 AM
hello

i change a current set
witch is almost done
but i have some questions

1 what do you use to edit the dds files
i use gimp now witch works well on 70 % of the files
any idea witch editor will do all the files

2 how does the crop program on the system works ??
this would help me with my problem

mel

Red Dog Records
06-22-2011, 05:06 PM
Thanks Bob,
We do have Lightwave so I might mess around with that a bit.

Jose, I will let you know if we need something specific. I have heard you do excellent work!

thanks,

Andrew

joseburgos
06-23-2011, 08:39 AM
Thanks Bob,
We do have Lightwave so I might mess around with that a bit.

Jose, I will let you know if we need something specific. I have heard you do excellent work!

thanks,

Andrew

Andrew,
If you use VSE, you don't have to use Lightwave and instead use a paint program or some of the included templates may already work for you. For the XD TriCaster line, you would have to request to be on the beta SDK team from NewTek to create LiveSets. I would say that you are much better off, if you desire to do them yourself, to purchase VSE and use it.

Take care,