PDA

View Full Version : My first renderin from Lightwave: Apartment building

Jirapong
10-06-2003, 09:18 PM
It my first rendering from Lightwave. All objects are Lightwave built by myself and used HDRI mapping ande rendering.
Any suggestion?

pauland
10-07-2003, 01:09 AM
Excellent, though a bit yellow for my eyes.

Paul

richpr
10-07-2003, 03:02 AM
Very nice...

a bit too much direct reflection of light on the middle of the apartment block...

Add some transparency to the cars windows...

The texture of the roof looks strange...scale perhaps?

You could use DOF to blur the foreground plants and tree a bit...

cathuria
10-07-2003, 08:02 AM
Very sweet -- personally, I really like the color cast on this...

I do have to second some of the above comments--
The roof texture is tiling badly, needs to be redone.
I think the reflection on all of the glass could be toned down.
And vary the illumination behind the windows to add a little more depth to the scene.
Finally, the glow on the street lamps & step lights looks a little corny; either reduce the glow or add in a hazy atmosphere to match.

Overall, 'though, good job.

veljko
10-07-2003, 10:23 AM
i think that on the newtek homepage there should be a link to a gallery with all the kul first time renders you people made,

I remember my first LW render- it pritty much totally sucked ***..
and here you are using HighDensetyRange Images on your fisrt shot...
my god, you are all hybreeds with enhanced LW DNA or something :D

Jirapong
10-07-2003, 12:51 PM
Thanks for all comments. Itotally with your comments. The roof is so bad, and it to far for me to fix it. It took 27 hours to rendering on my PowerBook G4 800. Due to my lacking of camera knowledge, I did try DOF but it did not work. :-P
My first intention is to make photoreal, but as you see it went off, but still get the feeling and atmosphere I want.
Thanks again.

Chad_Shadow
11-04-2003, 05:44 PM
I really like it with all the colors it has ...

However if you want to go real in Buildings, i suggest you use more real items (especially trees on Bouding boxes as well as people images to add more "life" feeling) .... I am attaching an image i did for a similar project ...

It is rendered on Lightwave 7.5 and some photoshop items in the foreground (Shrubs and bushes are very difficulat to simulate in 3D) ...

I hope you like it and your suggestions and comments are more than welcome :)

Take care,
Chadi