PDA

View Full Version : big robots n modelling or noobs

Bracchus
10-06-2003, 05:52 PM
hi, im fairly new to lightwave and i really want to model up a big robot similair (or exactly) like a transformer. can anyone suggest a method that would lend it self to this kind of job or a tutorial for a basic to intermediate robot. remembering that any methds that are too in depth could be a bit too much for me at this point. any and ALL help will be met with much priase. thanks in advance - dave

riki
10-06-2003, 06:35 PM
Take a look at this one. Just gives a general overview of the process

http://www.3dluvr.com/davewilson/makingof/arach/MakingOfArach.htm

SplineGod
10-08-2003, 12:19 AM
Everythings basically a combination of tubes, cubes and spheres.
Start out by roughing out the basic pieces and then start detailing later.

jat1
10-09-2003, 05:03 PM
hmm the best thing that i was told was to make a basic sketch of what to model as in just the basic shapes... when i didnt do this i could never get it right, but ive started to sketch my work and my work has improved...

Oh yea, good luck!

mlinde
10-09-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by jat1
hmm the best thing that i was told was to make a basic sketch of what to model as in just the basic shapes... when i didnt do this i could never get it right, but ive started to sketch my work and my work has improved...
Yeah, if it's a 100% original idea/creation, sketch it first. If you are modeling something from reality, have the object (or a good set of pictures) handy. Reference is the key to quality models quickly, whether drawing, photo, or physical object.