PDA

View Full Version : Worley's Polk and Taft...?

rcallicotte
06-08-2011, 11:42 AM
Would anyone be willing to express how you feel about these two sets of plugins? Anything you want to tell me about these would be great. I'm still thinking about the purchase.

jasonwestmas
06-08-2011, 11:57 AM
If you are looking for fast turn arounds that look alright and don't want to mess with dynamics and complex setups, then I would give Polk and taft a shot. I'm not so sure if you need them for rendering, as the LW renderer is lot more powerful and still easy to use these days.

jwiede
06-08-2011, 12:03 PM
I've been quite happy with both Polk and Taft. They provide some great little shortcuts to speeding scenes, and producing certain, normally-complex effects (esp. Acid). I've never regretted purchasing them for a minute.

Phil
06-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Bear in mind that, like all Worley plugins on Mac, the UIs are unavailable in Cocoa LW (9.6.1 and 10.x). This is a problem that can only be resolved by Worley Labs, though. Windows-side, there's no similar issue.

stiff paper
06-08-2011, 01:02 PM
Lord knows, it's actually difficult to think of anything bad to say about any of Worley's plugins, but... these two are very old, and you can do almost everything they offer natively within LW now. Umm... I guess I'm saying that they were a really great buy back in 1999 but I probably wouldn't buy them myself in 2011.

rcallicotte
06-08-2011, 01:16 PM
Thanks everyone. I think I can see a few things in these examples of plugins that wouldn't initially be readily available for me to do within LW 10, though I'm sure with some time I could figure it out. But, it sounds like having these sets of plugins available could mean my workflow might be a few steps ahead of what I could do without these plugins.

As with any plugin, I'm sure I could even embellish more, once the plugin has done its beauty.

All in all, sounds like a good plan. Either one of these (Polk or Taft) better than the other for any reason(s)?