PDA

View Full Version : Old Space Project

dwburman
06-07-2011, 01:21 PM
I revisited a twelve+ year-old project of mine, tweaked some surface settings, added some nebulae and lens flares, did a bit more animation and rendered the thing out.

You'll have to watch the video to get the full picture of what makes this ship so special. ;)

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUgGVN3_ajU

This is more of a WIP than a finished piece, but since I don't plan on doing anything else to it, I'll put it here.

GandB
06-07-2011, 10:32 PM
LOL! Now that's potato power! Good job. ;)

bazsa73
06-08-2011, 12:53 AM
It's nice :)

dwburman
06-09-2011, 03:19 PM
This was kind of a mashup of a few different ideas. I had a couple of space potatoes ideas (one with the spuds as characters and the other with the spuds as a fuel source). I think the original design of the ship was for it to be a generic work ship with robotic arms/attachments connected to the sides beneath the cockpit area. That lwo got pressed into service for something we were going to do with video footage of a lizard in a small cockpit set... the potato was just added for fun.

The nebula are just volumetric point lights in sprite mode. It renders pretty quickly. I found that the Classic Camera maintains the brightness of the stars better than the Perspective camera.