PDA

View Full Version : a loss of quality?

merovingio
06-07-2011, 04:23 AM
In building my Liveset (XD) i use to make the input A larger as the entire composition, and use the joystick on the CS to position it and scale it.

I'm wondering if this can compromise the quality of the output for this layer.

brwainer
06-07-2011, 09:07 AM
For your specific question, just don't scale up your cameras/videos/pictures/etc. past 100% and you shouldn't notice any quality issues. Here's some more info about LiveSet quality, as I understand it:

There are two parts to output quality of livesets:

1. Your LiveSet itself must be high enough resolution so that when zoomed in all the way, it will not be scaled up past 100%. This typically requires a livest anywhere from1.5 to 2.5 times your frame size.

2. Your final video layers, regardless of the size of the V0 and V1 rectangles in the Live Set, must never be scaled above 100% as well. If you make you video layers take up the entire frame, then you wouldn't want to scale your videos/cameras/etc. up past 100%. If your layers are not the entire size of the frame, as is usual, then you can scale you video using the CS or the UI past 100%, making sure that you do not go past the point where one pixel in the source feeds one pixel in the output (i.e. 1:1 or true 100% scale).