PDA

View Full Version : Interesting: Worley's Acid works with VPR

heynewt
06-06-2011, 12:25 PM
(Sorry for the double post, but I put this in the General Discussion thread by accident first, and I thought people might not see it)

Interesting: Worley's Acid works with VPR
I use Worley's Acid plugin all the time to put infection spots on human tissue and grunge spots and dings on surfaces. Accidentally discovered that if you do an F9 render with Acid applied to a surface first, then you can turn on VPR and move and adjust Acid settings and they show up in VPR in real time.

Sweet!

Thanks LW team!

Robert

erikals
06-06-2011, 03:26 PM
interesting! :]

wonder if it kicks of some new ideas for NT or plugin developers :]

heynewt
06-06-2011, 03:39 PM
... HD Instance objects show up in VPR too in realtime! Awesome Newtek!

So in one day I've disovered Acid surface effectors by Worley, and HD Instance objects by Happy Digital just happen to render real-time in VPR in LW 10. Geez, what else?

And Newtek never told us this because...

... they didn't know?

Robert

erikals
06-06-2011, 03:58 PM
we knew about HDi, not sure if it was mentioned outside hardcore, maybe, maybe not...
never the less, very good news :]

heynewt
06-06-2011, 04:15 PM
Oh good. Yeah, I'm always a bit late to the party on these things. Didn't follow the HardCore threads that closely.

I was always going to buy LW 10, I just wasn't seeing how it would improve my productivity. If they had said in their promotional material, "oh btw, VPR renders HD Instancing and Worley Acid in real-time," hell I would have driven to Texas to pick up my copy on the first day!

The Acid rendering really blows me away, because that doesn't even render in Fprime.

rcallicotte
06-08-2011, 09:06 AM
Never mind. Found it - http://www.worley.com/E/Products/polk/acid.html

[Where can I find the Acid plugin? I checked Worley's site without seeing it anywhere.]

heynewt
06-08-2011, 09:51 AM
It's part of the Polk collection.

http://www.worley.com/E/Products/polk/polk.html

rcallicotte
06-08-2011, 10:32 AM
Found it! But, would I be hijacking this thread if I ask how valuable everyone here thinks the Worley Polk and Taft plugins are for everyday use?