PDA

View Full Version : Rendering + Effects....

Dick Ma
03-01-2003, 08:23 AM
comment pls.

Dick Ma
03-01-2003, 08:49 AM
Image.

Max Wolf
03-01-2003, 10:27 AM
very nice look like thecasting for FF7

Epita
03-01-2003, 10:31 AM
Nah, no huge hair or blond, i think it is FFX. Also the hand looks a little strange, i dont think that anyone acctually walks with their hand like that. Look at some people and see what they do.

Epita

Dick Ma
03-01-2003, 10:45 AM
Thanks

It is just a rendering & effect test
rendering done with Low AA. and using photoshop...

apply 2 artistic effects and place over the image.....

fingers not fixed yet...
deal with main motions first (walk cycle)

I think If just show the real render it will be bored because there is no texture in background....

Dick Ma
03-01-2003, 10:54 AM
Another rendering using the same photoshop effects.

Max Wolf
03-03-2003, 02:39 PM
hmmm
nope i was rong it is more like...
FF X-2

Epita
03-04-2003, 12:27 PM
yeah, the hair isnt that big to be older FF. The second position looks much more natural that the first! great character though

Epita

Gluge
03-04-2003, 04:50 PM
Lips look kinda big, and the corners of the mouth don't look right..
they're suppost to kinda tuck under I believe...

teeth look a little odd too, maybe too white or just aren't modeled as nice as the rest ?

fixing the mouth tho should help that a lot.

Noise looks kinda wide and a little too chisled...

Eyes seem too flat, looks like the lower lids should come out a bit more. I'm not sure if you did but if you didn't, make a nice sphere eye ball, place it and fit the lids around that... I could be wrong but it looks like your eye balls are just kinda flat..

lots of good tuts. on the net too if you want a nice realistic eye ball.

Of course if your going for that FF kinda stylised look... I think the eyes are fine.. but I think the lips are definatly too big..

also looks like he needs some nostrals...

of course since this is the finnished thread... perhaps I should assume you want him with no nostrals for a stylistic reason?

As for the rendering and effect... I like it, more so in the frist one.. (tho the pose seems much better in the 2nd) In the frist one I like the lighting except for the multiple hard edged shadows... having single hard edged shadows would be fine I think tho..

Also as for the FX... now lets see if you can get it to render straight out of LW like that 8*) hehe, maybe with Wavefilter, and the texture image filter, etc. hehe, it'd be cool to see an animation with that effect.

OH... also on the frist one the folds in the pants look kinda funky... I think usualy there aren't really hardly any folds on the top of the pants when you bent your leg like that, I think they're mostly on the bottom... I could be wrong tho... try looking at real life some more 8*) reference reference reference... PITA I know 8*)

anyway, very nice start, looks like everything is in place and it all just needs some tweeking now. 8*)

good job, but I don't think you should call if finnished yet 8*)

Dick Ma
03-05-2003, 10:13 AM
Thankyou everyone.

First, I didn't describe that it is a Final Fantasy...or FFX....orFFX-2 casting....(But I am happy to hear that....)

Gluge:

The head model I just put an average count of polygons w/ subpatch. Sometimes when I doing facial morphs, I cannot make noticeable wrinkles (especially the skin area between the eyes and the nose) or enhance the lower lid area...because there are not enough subpatch vertexes to do so.

Like your vendertrans......