PDA

View Full Version : No Component Out Signal....

PeterN
06-03-2011, 01:06 PM
Hey Guys,

I've been searching and reading as much as possible to forgo this question - but that hasn't fixed the problem yet.

Is there any reason (besides my SX8 board having internal issues) that I wouldn't be able to send Component Signal Out of SX8?

I've changed the the Out Signal under Preferences to Component - used multiple different cables - and that's it really....

Side/Major Note - my input is not component...is that the reason?

Thanks!

kltv
06-03-2011, 01:17 PM
Are you able to get any video in, meaning the SX is working at least? One thing to always check is the little internal power cable inside your computer. If that isn't connected and the SX isn't getting power, that always causes problems.

If you can get video in and not video out, I would suspect a cable issue. Can you get composite out?

Kris

PeterN
06-03-2011, 02:08 PM
Ya - i've got signal coming in - and I can get composite out....
Both cables i've used are brand new - so I'm at a loss really now...probably the SX board itself?

kltv
06-03-2011, 02:26 PM
That sounds like the SX might have problems. I'd call the support guys and see if they have any other ideas, or they may need to do an RMA repair or swap.

Kris

brians0105
06-03-2011, 03:10 PM
Can you get s-video (Y/C) out of the SX8?

I agree that the SX8 might be having issues, but I would try making sure all of the ribbons and cards are seated correctly before having support fix anything.

PeterN
06-03-2011, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the quick response guys!
I will be double checking the card seating and all connections soon - and will let you know what transpires.

side note - any clue, what it would cost for support to repair, if needed?

kltv
06-03-2011, 03:39 PM
$0. NewTek usually swaps out and repairs that stuff for free.