PDA

View Full Version : Batch image splitting?

06-03-2011, 05:41 AM
Hey guys, I need your help..
I have some images, each one containing both pictures of objects and text labels in a non-fixed pattern (which means that the object and its relative text label are not always in the same area of the entire image and not always the same size)..
I have to be able to output .jpeg of all the single object+textlabel to a folder.. is this possibile? Maybe based on premade selections.. I don't know.. please help me, any help is greatly apprteciated!

3DGFXStudios
06-03-2011, 05:45 AM
oooh now I get it ;)

BlueApple
06-03-2011, 05:53 AM
If the text and object regions of the individual images vary like you say, then I think there will be some manual work involved (barring some sophisticated image recognition software).

The easiest approach I can think of is to load all of your images into a single .psd in Photoshop using File>Scripts>LoadFilesInToStack. Create a selection around the text area of the topmost layer. Then create an action using the Actions palette that does the following:

1- Copy
2- Create new file
3- Paste
4- Flatten layer
5- Open File Save dialog

Save your first image and close the file. Assign a keyboard shortcut to the action you just made so you can apply it quickly, and then get to work.

Alternatively, I have also batch cropped images in AfterEffects by:
1- loading them as an image sequence into a composition
2- reducing the size of the composition to the desired dimensions
3- key framing position, and toggling Hold keyframes on
4- move through the sequence repositioning the layer as needed
5- render out an image sequence and you have a tidy bunch of like named files with unique sequence numbers

Good luck.

06-03-2011, 07:01 AM
If the text and object regions of the individual images vary like you say, then I think there will be some manual work involved (barring some sophisticated image recognition software).

The easiest approach I can think of is to load all of your images into a single .psd in Photoshop using File>Scripts>LoadFilesInToStack. Create a selection around the text area of the topmost layer. Then create an action using the Actions palette that does the following:

1- Copy
2- Create new file
3- Paste
4- Flatten layer
5- Open File Save dialog

Save your first image and close the file. Assign a keyboard shortcut to the action you just made so you can apply it quickly, and then get to work.

Alternatively, I have also batch cropped images in AfterEffects by:
1- loading them as an image sequence into a composition
2- reducing the size of the composition to the desired dimensions
3- key framing position, and toggling Hold keyframes on
4- move through the sequence repositioning the layer as needed
5- render out an image sequence and you have a tidy bunch of like named files with unique sequence numbers

Good luck.

Thank you BlueApple, I'll surely try the PS approach, since image recognition sw is not an option! Have a nice day! :thumbsup: