PDA

View Full Version : Film Filter for Live Event

Jaredravens
06-02-2011, 11:28 AM
I am doing a live event and the client wants the live video to have a film look to it. I'm using the Tricaster, which I'm pretty sure won't do it, so I will have to put the switched video through something else to add the filter before it goes live. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

jmmultex
06-03-2011, 06:49 AM
A real quick thought (might be totally bogus)...

Based on the realism you are looking for, you might be able to do it with a simple virtual set, creating a nearly transparent moving grain that plays from a DDR on top of the 'live' video.

-john

SBowie
06-03-2011, 06:53 AM
... you might be able to do it with a simple virtual setI can almost hear Josť's wheels spinning up when he reads this. ;)

pro---studio
06-03-2011, 09:27 AM
Just switch your cameras to progressive scan and crush the blacks. That should do the trick.

F.e.:

We use Panasonic P2 cameras that can output 1080p25 or 720p25. If you feed this into the TC it looks (almost) like film if you tweak the camera settings a bit.

Allthough the "film look" is somthing that has a lot to do with lighting and chosing colours that appear on screen. And try to get as much shallow depth of field from your cameras as you can get. Open the iris as much as possible and zoom in to blur the background.

Regards

pro.