PDA

View Full Version : UV shows in Layout, but WILL NOT RENDER, why

sebrady
06-02-2011, 09:01 AM
I have a model that shows up perfectly in Layout, but when it renders the UV map does not work. Any Ideas. Look at the attached pic.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2159257/UV.JPG

stiff paper
06-02-2011, 10:38 AM
Could be any number of things.

(Your pics are... not much use, by the way. A pic or two of your surface settings would have been much more helpful.)

Maybe... umm... try looking at your "layer opacity" for the map? You can make your color map's layer opacity 0%, and then it won't show up at render time, but the viewports aren't a render - they just look at what map's applied and show it anyway.

Iaian7
06-02-2011, 01:54 PM
You might also check to see if you have anything applied in the Node editor - the OGL preview will only show what's applied via the Layer method (never Nodes), but any applied Nodes will override at render time. This is quite nice in some cases (I'll apply one texture for preview, another for render), but can really mess things up if you're not expecting it! :)

Elmar Moelzer
06-02-2011, 05:01 PM
Maybe the texture image has an alpha channel that is empty?
In that case, turn it off in the image editor.

eblu
06-02-2011, 09:48 PM
my best guess is to agree with elmar. check the image's alpha channel

sebrady
06-03-2011, 04:42 PM
Maybe the texture image has an alpha channel that is empty?
In that case, turn it off in the image editor.

that was the answer, I turned off alpha and it worked. I understand alphas, at least I thought, I still dont know WHY this happened, just glad I got it to work, the model renders real nice. Thanks for everyones help.

Sensei
06-05-2011, 01:13 PM
result color = image color * alpha + surface color * ( 1.0 - alpha ); - lack of alpha means result color = image color, because default alpha would be 1.0.

If I am right, if you set Surface Editor color to f.e. red, and turn back alpha, you should see red car..