PDA

View Full Version : Loading LW7.5 data into LW6.5

Carm3D
10-06-2003, 12:19 PM
Hello,

I just got a new client.. He uses LW 6.5 and wants me to do some UV-mapping and rigging with his model.. I use LW7.5, I've never used 6.5. Are there any compatiblity issues with saving an object in 7.5 and loading it into 6.5?

UV Textures (with discontinuous points), weight maps, skelegons, muscle bones, expressions, etc.. Does 6.5 use all of these? I've never used LW 6.5. Thanks.

Triple G
10-06-2003, 03:29 PM
I can't say for sure...I used to use 6.5 a while back, but have since upgraded to 7.5. I think you should be ok with models...the only things to watch out for would be 7.x-specific features like the Spreadsheet Editor (remove it from your list of Master Plugins if you happen to have used it when setting up your scene). The new surface thickness gradient or surface blending in 7.5c, Saslite, stuff like that will likely cause problems. Other than that, I'm not too sure. Skelegons, Expressions, Weight Maps, etc. were all around in 6.x, so probably no worries there. Best way I guess would be to just send your client a couple of quick tests and see what works and what doesn't before you get too involved in one method of working.

Carm3D
10-06-2003, 06:19 PM
Yeah that's what I ended up doing.. I made a single arm, textured it, boned it, rigged it, expressioned it, etc. and sent it his way..