PDA

View Full Version : Radiosity Blotchy issue

Broccolilord
06-01-2011, 04:29 PM
Hey all,

I am having issues with my radiosity causing blotching in my scene. I cannot seem to get rid of it no matter what I try. I've read Excepts guide on radiosity and still am having no luck. Do you have any ideas what could possibly be the cause? I am lighting with two area lights from above and my room is a closed box. Attached is a picture of the troubled area of my scene as well as my radiosity settings. Any ideas?

speismonqui
06-01-2011, 04:42 PM
wow! that's weird!
no duplicated polys? unwelded points maybe? I know you're saying you have a closed box but, I can't think of anything right now...

Broccolilord
06-01-2011, 04:49 PM
I just checked for that and didn't find any thing unusual. i made the room by making walls with boxes, so the room is a very simple build.

wrench
06-01-2011, 04:53 PM
Hmm, looks like rising damp to me mate. I can fix it, but it's the materials you know? That stuff don't come cheap.

B

ArtGoblin
06-01-2011, 05:18 PM
could it be a shader or a material node thing? if you'd change all you're materials to a plain diffuse gray for excempel... does the blochines still persist?

Caveboy
06-01-2011, 06:30 PM
I had a similar problem. It happened in a bowl-like shape. Used GI. I'm not near my computer now, but I can post something later.

dee
06-02-2011, 03:09 AM
Looks like a bug I have encountered in LW10. Do you have an object in front of the camera set to unseen by camera or unseen by radiosity?

Iain
06-02-2011, 03:45 AM
I'd try lowering the RPE to somewhere between 150 and 900 for starters.
Strange as it sounds, you can have quality settings too high.

Other than that, you better get Wrench to come have a look. (He's not kidding about being pricey though-its the hidden extras he throws in!)

MUCUS
06-02-2011, 04:14 AM
It could be useful to attach your scene, I'm not sure this is a GI issue (your model is too simple to need a so "boosted" rpe), there maybe is some material or poly (or area light placement?) weirdness.

biliousfrog
06-02-2011, 09:32 AM
As well as reducing the RPE have you tried lowering the min/max spacing to something like 2/10?

Elmar Moelzer
06-02-2011, 10:49 AM
I think the problem is that you built the room with just boxes stuck together, if I understood you correctly.
When working with radiosity lighting you should make sure that your geometry is clean and all corners are closed (vertices welded in that place).