PDA

View Full Version : SHARKS animation

Escelce
06-01-2011, 08:59 AM
Hi everyone.

I havent posted anything here in a while so I thought I'd share a quick fun video which was created during a weekend break from work. One of my first animation jobs was animating fish and has always been one of my favourite things to move. I hope you like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGNF0XnWYaI

-Steve

OnlineRender
06-01-2011, 09:10 AM
I want sharks with freak'in lasers on there head :)

excellent animation ,looks wicked !

bazsa73
06-01-2011, 10:55 AM
Cool, iz zis ze final size?

Mikewave
06-01-2011, 11:39 AM
Sweeeeeeeeet!!!

BigHache
06-02-2011, 08:03 AM
Like indeed! :2guns:

MAUROCOR
06-02-2011, 08:51 AM
Very nice! Too bad that your camera is broken now!!!:D

Chris3D
06-02-2011, 09:47 AM
I've photographed and filmed real sharks underwater and that looks really good. If I was being very, very picky, a few minor things caught my eye:

At about 5 seconds when the shark makes the little move, it seems like it accelerates forward at the same time it flicks it's tail a few times. There should be an ever so slight slight delay between the start of the flick of the tail and the acceleration - cause then effect...

Towards the end, when the shark opens it's mouth a bit, it's a little bright and luminous inside. It shouldn't be dark, but probably darker than it is now.

You could add a slight smooth sway to the camera to simulate a back and forth current. Not sure how to precisely describe this, it's a funny kind of motion when you're just floating along in the current, pulsing back and forth.

Again, all that is being very picky. So do you dive? I would think so with how good the whole thing looks overall.

Escelce
06-02-2011, 10:29 AM
Thanks a lot for the great comments and fully apreciate the feedback Chris3D. You're right on all accounts and will correct those soon as I get time or atleast work on them for the next one. I dont dive but I absolutely love sharks. No idea why, just always have. I worked on a National Geographic Documentary about the Salmon Shark last year and it just started it all off again. This was the first time I got to play with the Model properly. I would love to go diving and im sure i will at some point. Thanks again.

-Steve

Svenart
06-02-2011, 04:50 PM
great animation, was fun to watch! Well done.

oliversimonnet
06-02-2011, 07:38 PM
fantastic as always Steve!! :)
i did not expect to see anotherone smash into the camera tho haha loved it!

vector
06-03-2011, 02:29 AM
Awesome work... at first I think it was real... nice camera animation

I hope Newtek provides you a new camera lens :)

djwaterman
06-08-2011, 12:14 AM
No one would think that was fake if they weren't told so.

archijam
06-08-2011, 04:34 AM
Very nice!

Am I right that the water refraction is a texture directly on the shark? It seems to move with the shark rather than be 'static' in world coordinates .. but no other crits, gorgeous!

I find that some lens abberation at the edges of underwater scenes can really add to the realism.