PDA

View Full Version : Inertia - offset in modeller to work?

raw-m
06-01-2011, 04:56 AM
I've beed struggling to get Inertia to work correctly and I stumbled across this fix but can't work out why I have to do it.

The basic setup, my object is is extruded in Modeller with loads of segments, Weightmap applied from 0 to 100% then everything is squashed down to a flat object (re the now legendary Greg Sullivan Inertia demo!).

In Layout, object is parented to my path and Inertia applied. Trouble is I'm getting a horrible deformation. By accident, the only way I could get it to work is to move my flat object in Modeller 1m down the Z and the in Layout offset it against the parent by -1m so everything lines up. I then have to flip everything in Modeller to get normals pointing tin the right direction.

I can't workout why I have to do the offsetting and flipping thing in order to get it to work. Can anyone shed some light? Ta

GraphXs
06-05-2011, 11:06 AM
Don't know why you have to offset it in modeler. I usually keep it centered at 0,0,0 in modeler.

AbstractTech3D
06-07-2011, 05:48 PM
Yes it is tricky to get working.

Part of the breakthrough for me seemed to be getting the start of the item path to stretch straight down the z axis… Not really sure though - just took some perseverance.