PDA

View Full Version : color pallet changes RGB values

jefwgraphics
05-31-2011, 03:10 PM
Hello all,
I'm a beginner so please bear with me in the explanation of this little glitch I discovered (unless I'm doing something wrong).

My co-worker sent me a scene, and I was just going to swap out an image map with a new one.
It was a bottle and had a liquid that was set at a certain brown color.
I was poking around, and noticed that when I opened the 'surface editor' and clicked on the "color" button, and simply closed the color pallets, it changed the RGB values! I didn't move or adjust anything, I just opened the pallet window, and closed it, and then watched the RGB numbers change.

Can someone let me know (in beginner language if possible) if this is in fact a glitch, or is there a better explanation.

Thanks
J

wrench
06-01-2011, 12:52 AM
It's possible that you have set up a colour workflow and not ticked the "Affect Color Picker" checkbox? In Layout hit o and go to the CS tab.

B

funk
06-01-2011, 01:27 AM
I reported a bug that does this in the scene editor, but I havent seen it happen in the surface editor. Can you simplify the scene and attach it here? Or better yet, send a bug report. https://secure.newtek.com/FogBugz/default.asp?pg=pgPublicEdit

Matt
06-01-2011, 03:59 AM
I reported a bug that does this in the scene editor, but I havent seen it happen in the surface editor. Can you simplify the scene and attach it here? Or better yet, send a bug report. https://secure.newtek.com/FogBugz/default.asp?pg=pgPublicEdit

No bug report on that link!

funk
06-01-2011, 06:41 AM
No bug report on that link!

I know... I'm pointing him to the page where he can report the bug

My scene editor bug report was Case 38790

jefwgraphics
06-01-2011, 01:22 PM
Thanks for replies all.
@wrench, I tried your suggesstion, but it didn't fix anything. It was originally unchecked (default). I checked it, and the same thing happened. I unchecked it and again it happened.

I'll try to attach a simple scene here. I just made a box in modeler, brought it into layout with the default gray setting of 200, 200, 200. Went to surface properties, opened the color pallet, didn't change anything, closed it, and sure enough, it changed the numbers to 188, 188, 187.

If someone here can confirm I'm not doing anything wrong, or have a button checked, I certainly can submit a bug report if necessary. Thanks.

zardoz
06-02-2011, 07:21 PM
quite probably it's happening because of the color correction. If you have 'Picked colors' in Linear then when you pick a color like the 200, 200, 200 lightwave will make it a bit darker. This is because of how the linear workflow works. Search these forums to find more about it.

If you have 'Picked colors' in sRGB then you won't notice any difference, if you also have the display color space in srgb, because if you have the Display CS in Linear then you'll notice that the colors will change to a bit lighter.