PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 10.1 Upgrade...?

rcallicotte
05-31-2011, 08:23 AM
I own LW 10.0, but have heard nothing about how to update to 10.1. What's happening or has it happened yet?

SBowie
05-31-2011, 08:30 AM
Still in beta at present ...

Greenlaw
05-31-2011, 09:11 AM
Aren't all 10.0 users eligible for Hard Core? I think If you own 10.0 you can download 10.1 from the HC forums. (Anybody please feel free to correct that if I'm wrong.)

Just be aware that, as Steve says, 10.1 is in beta.

G.

rcallicotte
05-31-2011, 09:13 AM
Thanks for your replies.

Educational versions do not have access to the HardCore forums, which is what I have. I will be upgraded to CORE, when it comes out. But, I don't have access to the HC forums.

IMI
05-31-2011, 05:37 PM
Thanks for your replies.

Educational versions do not have access to the HardCore forums, which is what I have. I will be upgraded to CORE, when it comes out. But, I don't have access to the HC forums.

Well that just seems terribly wrong.
If they're going to upgrade you to Core as part of the student discount, they should also allow you into the whole Hardcore thing, betas and forums included.
Students can have just as much worthwhile input as anyone else, perhaps at times even some insights that seasoned pros might overlook, and therefore you should be allowed to be part of the process.

@SBowie:
Man, I love your signature line! :D

toddd240
05-31-2011, 08:16 PM
Thanks for your replies.

You can upgrade your edu version for $495 to get a full commercial license and Core now if you want.