PDA

View Full Version : Luxigons loose correct positioning

AmigaNewTek
05-30-2011, 12:01 PM
Sigh,

maybe it's my mistake, but if you setup luxigons in modeler, then switch to layout, setup your light color, intensity etc, etc... you can loose the light position if you switch back to modeler and resize your object containing the luxigons.

Any thought?

RudySchneider
05-30-2011, 02:48 PM
What's your "Mode" setting (one of the bottom tabs in Modeler)? That is, are you re-sizing with respect to your Mouse (+F5), Pivot (+F7), Origin (+F6), or your actual Selection (+F5)? Any movement of the centroid of the polygon(s) you've identified to be a Luxigon to will move the light.

AmigaNewTek
05-30-2011, 04:16 PM
What's your "Mode" setting (one of the bottom tabs in Modeler)? That is, are you re-sizing with respect to your Mouse (+F5), Pivot (+F7), Origin (+F6), or your actual Selection (+F5)? Any movement of the centroid of the polygon(s) you've identified to be a Luxigon to will move the light.

Thank you

Haven't check the mode setting. Btw, i assume i'ts the same, before and after resize the object. I will check this settings.

Regards

AmigaNewTek
05-31-2011, 02:45 AM
What mode setting should i use, then? I tried with all mode setting and the result is the same.

dwburman
05-31-2011, 06:49 PM
If you change the shape of the object after you create the luxigons, you have to recreate the luxigons. The lights aren't tied to the geometry of the object, only parented to the object as a whole (so it follows the object's pivot point).

You can set up a light in Layout and clone that one when you use the create luxigon lights command (or whatever the command is called).

AmigaNewTek
06-01-2011, 03:31 AM
If you change the shape of the object after you create the luxigons, you have to recreate the luxigons. The lights aren't tied to the geometry of the object, only parented to the object as a whole (so it follows the object's pivot point).

You can set up a light in Layout and clone that one when you use the create luxigon lights command (or whatever the command is called).

Yes, it's the same behaviour i noticed. You have to recreate the luxigons, go to layout, select the object and launch the convert luxigons tools.

Thank you