PDA

View Full Version : simple thing but want some help : modeling

lenniecg
05-30-2011, 11:13 AM
Hi to all,
i am a film maker/compositor but now learning lightwave 3d..
before lightwave i use blender for simple modeling.. now am serious in 3d animation..

i like lightwave very much.. the approach of the modeling tool is awesome.. but i am confused because, the polygon has shows only one side.. if i turn and look in to the back side of the polygon, it is not visible.. what it mean?

i also attached the screen shot below for ref:
plz anybody explain this..
thank you..

OnlineRender
05-30-2011, 11:19 AM
select your poly and flip it hit " F " or in material in surface editor you can make double sided "thats cheating " you could extrude it "E" which may help

lenniecg
05-30-2011, 11:29 AM
select your poly and flip it hit " F " or in material in surface editor you can make double sided

thanks a lot.. its working.. but can you tell? for what purpose those two options are separated. i mean, if i use one sided polygon it reduce the rendering time? or double side polygon increase the rendering time?

for what purpose they used?

Markc
05-30-2011, 11:38 AM
If your scene is viewing from inside the box, there's no real need to see the back of the polygon. Any reduction in polygons will save render time (especially when your model gets very big) :)

lenniecg
05-30-2011, 11:48 AM
If your scene is viewing from inside the box, there's no real need to see the back of the polygon. Any reduction in polygons will save render time (especially when your model gets very big) :)

now i got it
Thank you markc..