PDA

View Full Version : Remove all point selection set

MUCUS
05-29-2011, 04:01 AM
Hi! I'm working with low poly trees from google warehouse and find modeler extremely slow to save a 3000 polys tree...now I see that a point selection set is attributed to each leaf and each branch.

So as I'm thinking this is the origin of this issue, I'm looking for a way to erase all of them is one click? (Just can't find this in modeler :o )

dee
05-29-2011, 06:19 AM
Export as something else like collada or .obj (this eliminates the selection sets), load back the exported object and save as a .lwo.

intssed
05-29-2011, 08:20 AM
You have try F8?

Sensei
05-29-2011, 10:23 AM
FlushSelectionSets tool from TrueArt's Modeling Pack http://modelingpack.trueart.eu

MUCUS
05-30-2011, 02:30 AM
dee, nice tips! It works, but give me double work as I have to re-import trees, then copy/paste surfaces, then save again...

intssed, yes I do, but I can't make multiple selection here

Sensei: Thank you for this! Just download it but unfortunately it's strangely not working...I'm on modeler 9.6 32bits and have try both flush layer and all selections sets...the plug is working for a moment, I see the progression bar bravely trying to flush hundred of selection sets, but when it's done, the points selections sets are still there.

On your site I see that there is not particular operation to do, but maybe am I missing something?

Sensei
05-30-2011, 02:39 AM
I don't have such object with huge amount of selection sets. But I just tried with simple object and it worked.
Try saving object after using it, quit Modeler, and load object back to Modeler.
You have to remember that Selection Sets are still visible in Point Statistics (LW bug), but I don't have them in drop-down close to "S" button.
You should not have any selected elements prior using FlushSelectionSets.

MUCUS
05-30-2011, 05:14 AM
Hi! Yes you're right, I've try with a few number of selection set and it's working. But with this kind of Google's tree where every leaf/branch is a selection set it apparently don't work (maybe 4/5000 selections set, amazing!)

Thank you anyway, and I'll try to not save every 20 secondes on this kind of object :/