PDA

View Full Version : Modeler as engineering drawing?

John Melvin
03-01-2003, 08:02 AM
Used Rhino in the past but do not have it loaded on this computer. In modeler I can create the object with dimensions, etc. but, how do I output that to a printer short of loading it into layout and redering a .tga file or having to do a print window and load it into another application to print. Print window really is not what I want to do.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

John

Matt
03-01-2003, 09:15 AM
Printing support in LW isn't very good at all.

Also, I really wouldn't use LW Modeller as an engineering Modeller at all, it's just not what it's meant for, and anyone who thinks it is hasn't used a REAL engineering Modeller, I have!

It's geared more for character modelling using sub-division surfaces. You can't dimension things properly, the "drawing" tools lack almost every feature of a real drafting package, fillets, tangency, arcs etc. bottom line, it's good for what it should be used for, but it shouldn't be used for engineering design.

John Melvin
03-01-2003, 11:37 AM

I am aware of all that. I just need to quickly draw out a tool I need to have made and hand it to the tool maker. Did not want to have to load Rhino on this system.

Thanks

John