PDA

View Full Version : A iOS game by my company To-Fu: The Trials of Chi

Bliz
05-26-2011, 07:35 AM
Hi guys,
Hopefully this isn't out of order pimping non-Newtek stuff in this section of the forum.
But I co-own a small ten man game development company and today we've released a really cool puzzle platform game that I'm hoping you guys with iPod Touches, iPhones & iPads will consider buying.

It's called

To-Fu: The Trials of Chi

Here's the launch trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZwh7F1NHvo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZwh7F1NHvo)

So if you like what you see, search for it on iTunes

GandB
05-26-2011, 07:41 AM
Very solid little game! I don't have an IPhone myself, though maybe someday. As an indie dev myself, I can appreciate what it takes to bring a decent title to fruition. Great job, and good luck on all the sales. ;)

How much time did it take from concept to ship?

Bliz
05-26-2011, 10:00 AM
Cheers mate. It was started at the beginning of February and was more or less finished a couple of weeks ago.
But then we had to wait a few days for Apple to approve it, sort out the PR strategy, get translations sorted (EFIGS and Chinese) etc.

SBowie
05-26-2011, 10:33 AM
Hopefully this isn't out of order pimping non-Newtek stuff in this section of the forum.Only since you ask .... we generally turn a blind eye to relatively un-intrusive and at least marginally relevant product announcements of general interest (not products that compete with our own, of course). More involved (or too frequent) discussions tend to get bumped to the third-party forums. No harm, no foul...

BigHache
05-26-2011, 03:13 PM
Cute, looks like fun. I'll check it out later. I recently got my first "i" device, only because it was free. :D

OnlineRender
05-26-2011, 03:28 PM
Hi5 my friend , congrats on the release , hope you flog millions of units ! can I ask , what is release percent Apple take ?and payment protocol ? I only know the prices of xna and how M$
hump you :)

dynamics in the game look awesome , and the levels look complicated and hard :) ohh and any LW used , Newtek could do with some GAME content on there demo reel :)

Bliz
05-26-2011, 05:11 PM
Hi, thanks for the comments.
Apple take 30% which seems reasonable to us.

I'm afraid we didn't use LW for this. We use an SDK that only has importers and exporters for Max and Maya :(
Maybe in future if we do a game that has more traditional pre-rendered FMV then we will because I still prefer to render in LW than wrestle with mental ray via MAX and Maya.

Martin Adams
06-04-2011, 09:18 AM
Sweet, I downloaded this game the other day before reading this thread. It's a lovely game, well done! Definitely in the high quality category. Seems to be doing quite well being in the top 25 games here in the UK.

donlimpio
06-09-2011, 05:09 AM
Just bought it! Very cool!